Get free trials using fake credit card numbers

Columbia House FTW!!!

2 Likes

Compared to, say, faking thousands of mortgages.

EDIT: What the hell is that below me? Itā€™s the third one Iā€™ve seen.

Yes, make no little plans. (And as nicely revisited in the BB TOS, nobody on the internet is under 13. (Except chief executives and large metro areasā€™ police (or that they play ā€œCeci nā€™est pas une 8-ballā€ live) and sometimes IOC members, but the TOS doesnā€™t make hash of that or explain why itā€™s not like To Aru Majutsuā€¦ really.))

I think a nicer example (than imagining every sales conversation is with a shifty contractor) is looking for no free trial you would never see tipping a ten. Her nerves, is it really more an app market of $0.50 to $4.80 already?

Shopsafe is still functional as of yesterday. I find it useful for avoiding inadvertent auto-renewal and for shopping on websites whose security I donā€™t trust, and hope that people abusing such numbers donā€™t cause the providers to stop the service.

There are 63 of them, at last count.

Not at all, his posts were all sane until that one. Suddenly accounts are being hijacked by some kind of Tristan Tzara bot. Also, itā€™s To Aru Majutsu no Indexā€¦ really.

1 Like

Citibank has it (Virtual Numbers). I used it today, as a matter of fact. Itā€™s awesome. You can make cards that last from 2 months up to a year, and give it a credit limit (which can be changed at any time). You can have multiple cards going at a time. I started using the service in earnest after buying something from a website, and then found a fraudulent charge shortly after. I still use the site (they sell special office supplies at excellent prices), but never with my ā€œrealā€ credit cards.

Itā€™s great for services like iTunes. Set a card up with a credit limit for $100, and make it last for a year. If I need more $$$, I can increase the limit. Once Apple (or whoever) charges the card, only they can charge it again; this is good because if a legit business with a bad employee gets the number, he/she wonā€™t be able to use it anywhere else. The one possible downside is that they can probably use the number to buy goods from their employer, so thatā€™s why I keep the credit limit as close to the actual cost of the good that Iā€™m buying.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.