Glitch playing cards

[Permalink]

1 Like

Is this your card?

2 Likes

Then again, sometimes I don’t mind a bit when BoingBoing shamelessly plugs products. These are sweet!

3 Likes

Please, please tell me this isn’t a new art “movement.” It gives me a headache.

1 Like

This art movement is as old as printing industry is.

Always so disappointed. Wanted this:

2 Likes

That’s… what is that thing? Is it the purple hallucination or something?

1 Like

Looks to me like the Ace of Frankenflowers.

I guess I spent too many years doing prepress in a commercial print shop. I look at the art, and all I think is “something went wrong in prepress and the press operator wasn’t paying attention, I hope there’s enough paper to finish the job”.

2 Likes

Me too! I Still like it though.

With all the images being public domain now, could be fun to make a set at one of those custom playing card printing websites.

Puts it on the TODO list

2 Likes

You could also take a shot at a variant of the Silicon Valley Tarot. With clouds as one of the suites.

1 Like

I was involved in a tarot project a few years back, creating a one-off deck from scratch and loading it with as much symbolism, obscure occult references and in-jokes as possible. Fun and there was some amazing design work, but it turned out that getting a single deck printed, coated, finished and cut to a specific size is surprisingly expensive.

1 Like

When it’s done on paper it’s an intentional misprint, not a glitch.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.