Glow-in-the-dark astronomical underwear

[Permalink]

My GOD it’s full of thighs.

26 Likes

You sir, win all my internets for the day. Maybe even the week.

How come the panties are adorably covered in stars, but the trunks version (both male and female) has a weird lopsided coverage along about 1/2 the rear and 1/3 of the front?

Do they make panties with the constellation Camelopardalis in front?

3 Likes

Ooh! Ooh! Ooh! They should make one with the constellation Puppis in the backside!

2 Likes

You don’t have to be a star, baby, to be in MY show

2 Likes

hey I can see Uran… wait, I’ll come in again

4 Likes

Is that the Horse Head Nebula or are you just glad to see me?

4 Likes

There must be a black hole somewhere…

1 Like

This has sort of a practical aspect as they’d be easily found in a dark room should they somehow get separated from their owner.

1 Like

You know, this is the kind of underwear Neil DeGrasse Tyson would wear on the outside if he were a superhero.

And ya know, he’s already shown up in the Superman comics:

2 Likes

BTW, this little chunk of story is just so cool.
I never read the comics, or watched the shows, but I know Superman as part of the zeitgeist and his origin story, and what the character means to people, and this just gives me goosebumps how it humanizes him.

Or I guess Kryptonianizes him.

Unless you spend a lot of time in the sun with your pants on show, they’re not going to charge up, and the stars will be really dim by the time you’re ready to show them off to someone.

Solution 1: Wear pants outside of trousers all day.
Solution 2: Leave pants by sunny window all day, and change into them just before you want to show them off.
Solution 3: Light bulb inside trousers/clothes.

2 Likes

Think Geek has essentially the same thing. I wonder if it’s a rip-off or if there’s a common source.

The larger ladies would also appreciate the opportunity to wear awesome undies. Why do the sizes on so many of these only go up to XL (US 14-16)? Some of them only go up to L (US 10-12).

2 Likes

To boldly go etc.

2 Likes

Your ass is out of this world.

1 Like

Am I the only one who saw “anatomical” underwear the first time he looked at the headline?

So then my next thought was “who the f$%k has anatomy like that? Galactus?”

There’s got to be a good Uranus joke in here somewhere.