Government Shutdown protest on Capitol Hill (photos from the Boing Boing Flickr Pool)

[Permalink]

1 Like

Where are the photos from the Tea Party counter-protest? It has to exist, if my Facebook wall has stuff like this on it:

Shutting down the Amber Alert website really… Mr Obama you should be ashamed as well as the senate dems… Thank you house republicans for standing your ground in this very serious time for our Country.

Then there must be a Tea Party protest against those mean old Dems somewhere on capitol hill.

“We’re not going to be disrespected. We have to get something out of this. And I don’t know what that even is.”
-Rep. Marlin Stutzman (R-Ind.)

It’s not surprising to me that someone who could make a statement like that is still laboring under the delusion that he commands any respect.

3 Likes

I liked Obama’s response to this: “No, you don’t get a special prize for just doing your job.”

It’s embarrassing that he can talk to the congress like they are 5 year olds, and it doesn’t sound condescending because it’s too true.

4 Likes

Also from friends on FB: Obama is preventing chaplains from saying mass. Another story says that because of the shut down, soldiers are now not being fed breakfast to save money, but prisoners still get three squares and a cot. People are counter-citing Snopes to refute the bull.

1 Like

Well, they started a war based on the belief that they would be greeted as liberators, and they didn’t bother developing an exit strategy. You can’t blame them, really. It’s not like there’s anything in recent history that would have suggested that was a bad idea.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.