Great video simulation of a person aging 60 years

[Permalink]

1 Like

She chose poorly.

20 Likes

according to his website he took pictures of different closely related people at a family reunion and then morphed them together very, very slowly. pretty neat.

4 Likes

Gravity is a cruel mistress

1 Like

Gravity is only cruel if you believe getting older is bad.

5 Likes

Speaking as someone getting up there, yes, it is.

edit - though, admittedly, it does beat one of the alternatives.

3 Likes

Getting old is cool! Except for the creaky painful stuff.

5 Likes

I saw at least three different faces there. I think it could be done with one if the subject were in their 20s/30sā€¦

I donā€™t know if I want to respond with:

A) FREAKINā€™ TRIPPY, DOOOOD

B) LAME. Should have started with a fetus and ended with a skeleton.

C) Iā€™d totally date her at 1:46

1 Like

Now just play it backwards and she perks up.

2 Likes

I really thought she was going to not age for 4 minutes and then in one frame turn into Old Asian Lady.

4 Likes

haha racist jokes are totally hilaroius

And why in this scenario is that a bad thing? I work with an Asian woman who is about to be a grandmother and she looks great. Iā€™ve even had several Asian friends point out the exact same thing.

3 Likes

Maybe itā€™s just my own eye, but I think that the very last few minutes show a more serene, ā€˜happyā€™ face than the younger ones. Obviously, it has mostly to do with how the subjects were posed at the moment (staring and unsmiling), but I like to think it also means that years of smiles eventually got etched on that face and they permanently shine through. I hope Iā€™ll have this pleasant a face when I hit 60ā€¦

5 Likes

Iā€™d like to pinch her adorable little cheeks, then buy her a cup of coffee and maybe help with some chores that she finds a little difficult these days.

4 Likes

The joke is that Asian people tend to look young for a long time. Totally mean spirited.

2 Likes

Donā€™t you mean some part of Asia? Itā€™s a huge and variegated place, ya know.

2 Likes

No, really? I had no idea what the obvious, cliche, racist joke was!

Intent isnā€™t magic. Just because something isnā€™t ā€œmean spiritedā€ doesnā€™t mean itā€™s any less racist or problematic.

Not to mention lazy and, well, cliche.

1 Like

Not to mention WRONG, btw, since the women in this family are clearly aging. But I guess they just arenā€™t ā€œAsian enoughā€ or something?

The joke isnā€™t funny because itā€™s not only racist, but incorrect: Asian people age too. Oh, and all Asian people donā€™t all look alike. You know that as well, right?

The joke is that Asian people tend to look young for a long time.

2 Likes