Grizzly Bear cub and Wolf cub like to play-wrestle

[Permalink]

Don’t you mean, “Nurture is awesome”?

2 Likes

Considering both species would play the same way with their own siblings, i think “Nature” is perfectly acceptable here.

1 Like

THERE ARE NO VIDEO OF THEM 6 YEARS LATER BECAUSE THEY LEFT THE ZOO WHEN THEY WERE 5 MONTHS OLD AND I AM UNABLE TO CONTACT THE CURRENT OWNER

Also because Lil’ Bear mauled Tala about five years ago.

Also also, they have an owner? Are these not wild creatures, red in tooth and claw?

You don’t think their involvement with humans helped create this accepted interspecies playfulness? Bears and wolves play like this in nature? I honestly don’t know, but it just seems like their manmade environment had a hand in this interaction.

1 Like

Only in who they play with, not how. Wolf and bear cubs both engage in this type of play constantly. The young of any species (ours included) tend to not be very picky when it comes to playmates. But as @Boundegar brings up, as they get older, other sides of their nature manifest just as clearly.

1 Like

Now I can’t get that “Robinhood and Little John Walking through the Forest” song out of my head.

1 Like

See my my first thought was:

1 Like

How about these three that were raised together?

4 Likes

Lone wolf and cub.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.