Hamster eaten to prove "how dear life is" to children

[Read the post]

1 Like

Most metal elementary teacher ever.

8 Likes

Here’s hoping the “killing and then eating” part was done with a single, swift headbite.

1 Like

Well, I guess that’s one way of getting your point across.

Do they get Attack on Titan in Korea? Anime leads to raw mammal chomping!

1 Like

Honestly, as much as I can’t disagree with the assessment that this was a bad idea; I can’t help but express some confidence that that class will think at least twice before torturing small animals in the future…

@beschizza - yu did this

3 Likes

This teacher’s actions were terrible. The approach to teach this “lesson” was very misguided. The possible attempt to cover this up is repugnant. But the core message raises some interesting questions.

What is a good lesson in respect for life? We cooked mussels for dinner last night and my five-year-old daughter loved them. But it had an interesting discussion around them being alive and needing to be kept alive before cooking.

1 Like

While watching the hamsters die from teasing, I thought I should teach the children it was wrong to make light of life.

I think the teacher wasn’t the only problem here, because what the hell?

1 Like

“Will this be on the exam?”

7 Likes

the answer to that riddle is to go vegan.

1 Like

Reminds of this story I just heard on Escape Pod - http://escapepod.org/2015/02/16/ep481-temporary-friends/

Have you dealt with children, especially in packs?

1 Like

Suspending the students who were tormenting the hamster would have been a better punishment.

I wish I could say I never saw workers teasing animals when I worked for lab animal breeder.

Koreans can get hardcore quickly when they´re determined to prove a point.
http://www.who-sucks.com/people/the-exciting-world-of-south-korean-protests

WARNING: Animal lovers don´t follow this link.

1 Like

Or cognitive dissonance. That works too.

Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to eat a bacon cheeseburger while trying not to think about how cruelly the dairy cow, the steer and the pig were treated in making it.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.