Haunted by a lack of young voter support, Hillary advertises on the AOL login screen

Must we?

1 Like

This is just silly. It’s not like their operation is targeting only this or that demo. The Obama campaign had over 150 major segments last cycle and online micro-targeting was practically infinite in its specificity. Hillary’s data operation expands on Obama’s… This doesn’t represent either cluelessness or doubling-down, just a single buy targeting some particular demo…

1 Like

One of the most compelling reasons I can think of not vote for Hillary Clinton in the coming election is purely as a stand against political dynasties.

7 Likes

Well, yeah, if you put it that way… still worth a giggle though.

I’ll fix this for you. Take out the “,”

1 Like

Grandma and Grandpa love AOL!

1 Like

…and don’t forget she also owns the superdelegate demographic. I’m guessing they all use aol.

3 Likes

Still have my AOL email I got in 1996 when I first got on the net. Not because I am a tech idiot, but because I am a tech packrat.

Fondly remember the Warez rooms and scroller, punter bots, winnuke. Much lulz.

1 Like

Part of my job is attempting to detect fraudulant transactions for an online business, one of the biggest alarm bells is someone using an @aol.com email address.

3 Likes

How did reality get this story before The Onion?!?

2 Likes

Quick image search only brought up news articles and Yahoo. So I guess she’s also advertising on Yahoo. I think I may have used that once in 1998 or 1999.

1 Like

While I agree with you… still, this is ridiculous, and encapsulates all of the prior reasons I wasn’t going to vote for Clinton.

I doubt that they are targeting young voters. AOL is showing me the ad below when I go to the login page.

I wonder if they only show that Clinton ad to people who they have identified as being democrats (via cookies or device profiling).

Many young voters have now seen her name again. This post alone reached more voters than the page. Maybe she knew people would talk about her decision, maybe her staff decided it was a good use of money. It did get people talking about her who barely know she is running for president.

Who are these people?

3 Likes

AOL time? Warn her!

1 Like

Software on cds? How about 6 inch floppies! Yes I remember that.

So you’re disappointed in Boing Boing?

2 Likes

Don’t you mean 8" floppies? Then came 3.5", still called floppies even though they weren’t.

“You’ve Got Fail!”

1 Like