Head-shop CCTV catches police informant/undercover planting crack

If they had seized the video and destroyed it, one or more of the cops involved might actually have faced some kind of internal discipline. This way, they get to place the blame entirely on the informant. They can make a statement like “Informants are an important part of the law enforcement process. On rare occasions, an informant may perform unlawful activities under the mistaken impression that it would help law enforcement. Let me be clear: we do not want that kind of help. Our officers had no knowledge of what the informant intended to do nor do they know where he obtained the substance placed on the counter. Now we will be doing everything possible to track down this man. He is (insert description of informant). If you or any other member of the public has information about him, call Crimestoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS”

One has to wonder the number of innocent people in jail ?

Same type of incident happened in Boston MA which only had 3 head shops at the time. The one owned by a Black man in a predominately Black/Hispanic neighborhood (Roxbury) was shut down.The other 2 shops both in the Back Bay were left alone. Reason for the shutdown; Selling Marijuana related paraphernalia.

There was a time when I would have found this story scary. That was before the police in my city conducted a prostitution “sting” using men they’d arrested as informants in exchange for reduced sentences. The informants were given money and sent into strip clubs where they offered the dancers money for back room services. Informants were wired, and were supposed to call in the cops before the deal could be completed. Recordings obtained by a local newspaper revealed that several informants enjoyed the dancers’ services first, but were never charged with the crime of soliciting prostitution, because they were working for the cops.

Some of these men had been charged with assaulting women, and, as I said, got a reduced sentence in exchange for their cooperation.

Stories like this don’t frighten me anymore. They make me sad. What I find genuinely scary is that these are the stories we know about. How man of these incidents occur that never get reported?

Taken flight sounds suspiciously like taken care of.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.