Heaven and Mel, Joe Eszterhas recounts his time with a madman

[Permalink]

1 Like

Uh, yeah, Joe Ezsterhaus, a man of impeccable character, writing a trashy tell-all. Surely something I need to ready, like, right away.

1 Like

Sp. It’s Eszterhas.

TY – fixed

This AV Club article frames it pretty well. That doesn’t mean that Gary Oldman shouldn’t check it before he wrecks it, but it’s not as if most sane people haven’t already gotten plenty of evidence of Gibson’s derangement prior to now, anyway. (And, no big shocker, Oldman is already sort of walking it back.)

1 Like

And, no big shocker, Oldman is already sort of walking it back

Sounds like a good plan for Oldman. What is it with some of these aging dudes and Jewish conspiracies along with Jewish bank overlords and shit? During the 90’s the bank I worked at was getting money together to start Capital One. It was around that time I saw some of the richest and most powerful investment bankers on this planet come visiting. They weren’t Jewish.

Is there some bullshit book the nutjobs are given and share with each other once they reach a certain age that makes them go apeshit for Jews or something?

It’s amazing these guys survive while the brutal Jewish conspiracy that oppresses them abounds. It’s no wonder they hardly ever get any film work and don’t have two pennies to rub together. Poor victims they are.

3 Likes

No mental health expert here, but one possible explanation:

1 Like

During my grandparents life there were, temporarily, a lot more jews around to hallucinate over.

1 Like

Joe is in no position to judge, as his own career is equal parts intense stupidity and cocaine-fueled insanity. Just try and watch Showgirls, and not come to believe we live in a gibbering Lovecraftian cosmos.

Heh. Actually I love Showgirls and think it’s intentionally hilarious. I suspect Eszterhas didn’t intend for it to be funny, but I think Verhoeven did.

Funny or not, that script could only have come from a head containing only a nine pound tapeworm and a gnawed-down brain stem.

1 Like

intense stupidity and cocaine-fueled Insanity … a gibbering Lovecraftian cosmos…

Just try and watch Showgirls

That’d be great on the movie poster! :smiley: I kind of want to see it now. :wink:

could only have come from a head containing only a nine pound tapeworm and a gnawed-down brain stem.

Out of curiosity, what’s your opinion of most Adam Sandler films?

You are, of course familiar with It doesn’t suck, which attempts to argue Showgirls is a good movie, on the merits.

1 Like

thanks

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.