Here is a hot tub floating in the sea

[Read the post]

2 Likes

"Here is the Shipping forecast.
“Dover, Wight, Portland. West or northwest 3 or 4, occasionally 5.
Moderate or rough. Houseboats at first in South.
Poor, occasionall hot tub, otherwise good.”

4 Likes

I would imagine houseboat owners have to carry insurance for this kind of thing. They do exist in the real world, don’t they? Houseboats?

Houseboat = Watery grave.

(A houseboat is, by definition, bad at being a boat.)

2 Likes

I say skip the houseboat and just have a sea-worthy hot tub.

http://www.hottug.nl/index_en.html

1 Like

Any nearby sightings of a butcher, baker or candle-stick-maker?

4 Likes

You too could float around the NYC harbor in this very suspicious-looking contraption for only $24,950.

2 Likes

We heard you like being in the water, so we put …

3 Likes

I would imagine that a requirement for boat insurance would be somewhat difficult to enforce. They aren’t bound to a fixed location and, unlike cars, don’t necessarily travel on any kind of public thoroughfare. I imagine that it might be required if you dock your boat in a commercial location (like a marina), if you took out a loan to buy the boat, i imagine the bank would probably require it as well but, i highly doubt its legally required.

They’re in the ‘real world’ but, they aren’t really bound to what most would consider the real world, i guess. You could buy your houseboat, go straight out to international waters (provided it was sturdy enough) and never come back and, the barriers to that are pretty minimal.

1 Like

If you can afford a houseboat seaworthy enough to traverse blue water, 1) you can afford insurance on it, and 2) you want insurance on it. That thing is expensive.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.