Highly-desirable stuff from 1976 issue of Boys Life

I got the sea monkeys as well at age 8, 1975, thinking they would be “JUST LIKE” the humanoid cartoon images. Mailed 2 single dollar bills with SASE and received a small package too add water. Little creatures did swim about in the glass bowl till I flushed them 5 days later when they died.

2 Likes

I had one. It was great. A little hard to control but it did what it said. My cousin stepped on it and broke it. Flash-forward to about 10 years ago, and the company was still in business in Texas. I ordered 3 of them for $13 each and played with one for a while and kept the other two in the box. My original one was orange and red, and the new ones are grey and silver, but they are otherwise identical. I still want a full-sized hovercraft.

And the Johnson Smith company is still alive and well.

Had the hovercraft too, as described, no advice from dad. For an 8yr old very exciting to order and receive. I was also a member of the Banana Splits Club…whoa, maybe I still am!

If you were still a member of the Banana Splits Club, you’d know.

People who faithfully paid their dues through the 70s, 80s, and 90s are now movers and shakers in the highest echelons of the media, finance, and government.

If you mutter “La, la, la, LAH, la-la-la-LAH!” to Mitt Romney, you’d better be ready to flawlessly execute the secret handshake, or you’ll suffer a convenient cardiac arrest within the hour.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.