Hitler painting could be yours

[Permalink]

His art isn’t as bad as I’d been led to believe. Pity he didn’t decide to keep at it.

13 Likes

Buy it and use it as toiler paper.

I heard he didn’t have people in his paintings. This one has one, abeit poorly drawn.

1 Like

A Hitler painting on your wall? How much is that in Cosby box sets?

12 Likes

A gross

6 Likes

Naa. Lock it up in a research library or something. It might be useful to scholars. Whatever else he was, he was a human being and it’s important to understand him as a human being.

2 Likes

Not half bad, actually.

2 Likes

His color is ok, some of the detail work is pretty good (I like the bricks exposed where the plaster has chipped away), hus subject is interesting; but unless those buildings were assembled by a blind crew then his perspective is absolute crap. He’s all over the place.

6 Likes

The detail is fairly decent, and yes the perspective is janky in spots. I think my main thing with it is that there’s no real feeling in the painting. I get the impression that he just copied what he saw to the best of his abilities and didn’t really add any particular touch to it. This is what i would call a bathroom painting, something you can look at while taking a dump.

5 Likes

It’s not terrible, but it’s not professional grade work at all. I personally know several amateurs who do far better work than that.

1 Like

“Anyone who sees and paints a sky green and fields blue ought to be sterilized.” - Adolf Hitler

3 Likes

Not a bad racket:

1. Depict church in watercolor
  2. Pursue actions that lead to church getting bombed
  3. Sell “last recorded depiction” of now-historical church.
  4. Profit!

(Oh, did I just unfairly malign Hitler by imputing to him evil schemes beyond his actual documented ones? Oops.)

5 Likes

2 Likes

I think there might actually be two people in this painting, but it’s a little hard to tell.

1 Like

After seeing this image, I’m imagining an alternative history where Hitler had a successful career as a children’s book illustrator.

5 Likes

And Theodore Giesel might have been a genocidal dictator.

“Oh Theodore Giesel, that marvelous he…
For he is the king of all that he sees…”

3 Likes

It doesn’t have to be one or the other. I was going to cite Julius Streicher, but apparently he only published children’s books as part of his genocidal propaganda campaign, he didn’t write them.

3 Likes

Indeed, he’s way better than Rob Liefeld

4 Likes

Like “The Poison Mushroom”

3 Likes