In which Pat Robertson sides with Bill Nye

I worked for the Red Cross in New Orleans after Katrina hit, and one day as I was helping an older gentleman put water and various food supplies into his truck, he told me the reason for the hurricane was that God was upset with America because of drugs, gambling, and gay people.
I considered taking the supplies back to our distribution site, but didn’t.

1 Like

I don’t even know what to believe anymore, man…

1 Like

I hope you’re using those as examples of what people say, though, and not as how they were politicized. Because on this thread you more or less blamed evolution supporters for politicizing it to attack religious groups, which is backwards.

So when Palin and friends mocked the very idea of basic research into things like fruit flies, who were they playing to?

4 Likes

Well, JW’s won’t claim the earth is young, because they don’t believe it is. http://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/faq/creationism-belief/

The further details get into the meaning of the Hebrew word translated as “day.” Concisely, the word refers to epochs/discrete periods of time, not necessarily a 24-hour period.

1 Like

Thanks! You’re right, of course I have had conversations where someone has told me that people used to live a lot longer “back in the day” like hundreds of years more. :wink:

Ken Ham has been a popular speaker among creationists for decades. He has a long running magazine and a museum that has attracted 1.9 million people. This seems like a pretty fair debate, in that you have two populist spokesmen for their positions debating each other. It’s not Bill Nye’s fault that Ken Ham influences so much of the creationist side.

I scrolled down this thread until I found someone who said this so I could “like” it.

1 Like

Regarding dueling creationists, if you wish to see YEC Ken Ham debate OEC Hugh Ross, there’s a great youtube of it. And whats fun about it is Ham is totally defanged by Ross being a sincere Christian. Gone is any possibility of ascribing evil, secular intent to his debate partner.

Of course Ross, while highly intelligent and highly qualified, is just as nutty when he tries to find scientific basis for Creation; he’s just moved the goal posts so far in the past, that his “evidence” is very difficult to distinguish.

You really think all Ken Ham cares about is profits?

There are many smart ways of spending/investing $25 million, and none of them includes building an ersatz full-scale replica ark.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.