Incredibly curious carrot

And all I thought was, “Cool!”

I mean, can you imagine bags of fresh veggies cut into legos and gears and stuff so you could build stuff out of them while you munched? I guarantee you - no more kids would be annoyed half out of their tiny wits by moms bitching at them to eat their veggies!

Want!

1 Like

There’s a legal name thing going on here.
“Taking fully grown carrots and cutting them to a smaller size was the idea of California farmer Mike Yurosek.[2] Yurosek was unhappy at having to discard carrots because of slight rotting or imperfections, and looked for a way to reclaim what would otherwise be a waste product. He was able to acquire an industrial green bean cutter, which cut his carrots into two lengths, and by placing these lengths into a potato peeler, he created the original “baby-cut” carrot, branded “Bunny-Luv”.”

I’ve been juicing a lot recently - steroids mostly, but I’m talking about carrot juice here. I’ve noticed that if I wait too long between prepping the carrots and juicing them, they dry out and crack, sometimes the core comes out. I think this is a nice example of this.

Sort of like this?

I used to cut my daughter’s sandwiches into letters of the alphabet to spell out messages over the course of a week to get her to eat her bag lunch. I thought I was all sorts of clever… until I found out about Bento Moms.

2 Likes

OMG. Just. LOOK AT. IT.

1 Like

We used to grow carrots and from time to time I’d find one that the core would come out.

The Grammar Police have subsequently alerted the Labor Division about companies using child labor to produce Baby-Cut Carrots.

2 Likes

Yeah, as a kid I used to extract the core so I could eat it separately. Then I realized that the flavor isn’t so lovely. Rather than going full OCD and eating only the outer core-less regions from then on, I stuck with the old standby: always splitting bananas into three segments. Also, eating every bit of coating off Hostess HoHos

Also: CANNOT UN-SEE: bunny-luv logo is a female body part?! With HUGE THROBBING CARROT in dangerous proximity.

The logo has a backstory: the owner’s daughter designed it after Warner Bros legal dept came after them for their previous logo, which apparently resembled Bugs Bunny a bit too much. The daughter created several versions, and let the WB lawyers choose which one to use. Covert Freudian forces employed? But then, fruit-crate label art has a long suggestive and non-PC history, especially melons.

Miss Chief brand apples

PS, there’s a Bunny-Luv logo version where the carrot isn’t so erect, and another that completely lacks labia.

This thing? Seriously?

I think some people are hyper-sexualized, because that seems like a stretch to me.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.