Interview with Trump supporters: his presidency would be "classy"

Classy.

Somebody needs to photoshop a lot of gold-tone rococo into the Oval Office, just so we’d get an idea of what a classy Presidency would look like.

5 Likes

What was that about attributing to your enemies the things you are actually doing yourself?
Rubio obviously spends a lot of time looking in a mirror and thinking he sees Obama.

8 Likes

I suppose when you’re the sort of white trash who like paintings of crying clowns, Jesus, and Elvis on black velvet, put sequins on everything, and thinks toddler beauty pageants are hoity toity upper class then Trump is classy too.

11 Likes

“classy”
“one of us”
“proud to be an american again”

35 Likes

Also he doesn’t like offshore wind farms, which is the big test of class among property developers. The users of his sites must have unobstructed views, but other people have to look at his developments.
Personally and from what I’ve seen, I’d prefer the wind farm on my doorstep/

4 Likes

People say this every election… but even if you were to follow through they probably don’t want you. They had enough of our hippies in the 70s. In 2013 they allowed a whopping 9400 US citizens - your best bet is to have a lot of money to invest there or to marry a Canadian. Or move to the Philippines first.

2 Likes

Doesn’t it already, sort of? Of course I am not a native speaker, but I have found the word “classy” fascinating for a long time. It isn’t easy to pin down its semantics and reconcile what those who use it seem to mean with the frequently different understanding of others. What are the conditions under which it is possible for “classy” to be both intended and understood as positive? That turns into a classist minefield rather quickly.

5 Likes

If Trump was elected (aka “classy rape”), the Body Politic has ways of shutting the whole process down.

7 Likes

The other problem is that you’d have to actually live in Canada, which a lot of those that threaten this, have never actually done.

2 Likes

I can think of two billionaires who are bored, but aren’t dumb enough to run for President themselves… they just buy off people they think can win… coughKoch brotherscough

6 Likes

For those of us in New England, New Hampshire is like that uncle no one wants to talk about…

5 Likes

Actually, if you have Trump, you have a wind farm…

8 Likes

“He’s successful. I wanna be a billionare.”

I think this video gave me hives.

2 Likes

Although with political dog whistles it’s more like “Your neighbors hear it, your dog doesn’t”

I see those words and know exactly what they mean. I don’t know if Trump’s supporters (including the ones who said them) understand, though.

8 Likes

I should have been clearer; a wind farm that generates electricity, not a wind farm that generates wind.

6 Likes

Check!

2 Likes

guess that means the next US president after him will be Putin.

“classy”

I think the word they were after is “grotesque.”

3 Likes

Wait, was this filmed on opposite day?

2 Likes

The billionaires who aren’t fucking nuts have enough self-awareness to realize that “making or inheriting lots of money” involves a completely different skill set than “governing a nation.”

11 Likes