iOS keyboard promise 100 words per minute

[Permalink]

ā€¦and 67 words typed within a minute with that thing will be accurate.

As a fanatical Swype user, I think I know what Iā€™ll be trying out this evening.

I hope it supports actual punctuation; having to settle for inches and foot marks are my biggest complaint about Swype on iOS.

yeah, we could either create insane intelligent interfaces, OR make ourselves better typers

2 Likes

ā€œOnce you learn how to use it, it really is quite good.ā€

So this is finally going to make all our Dvorak keyboards obsolete?

Iā€™d pay $49.99 to have Graffiti from Palm OS on my iOS device. No shit.

The learning curve is more akin to a vertical cliff. The UI is so poorly-designed that I still donā€™t know how I exited the training guide ā€“ and I was desperate to exit, because Iā€™d been going through it for fifteen minutes. Sadly the training manual is required, because the interface is relatively non-intuitive.

Biggest overall issue is it doesnā€™t auto-suggest corrections for misspelled common words. For example, ā€˜keyboardā€™, as in "Sorad im tyringo t thes new keybrod

its suskc"

Itā€™s not stupid. Itā€™s ADVANCED!

1 Like

I donā€™t think Iā€™d go that high, but I agree: Graffiti would be awesome. I had it on my Newton. No egg freckles for me.

This post intrigued me. The video persuaded me, I bought it.

I shoulda read the comments first.

The slidy-tappy interface is insane. If you hesitate, or go slightly off a direct route to the next key, the result is a typo clusterfuck.

Also, it didnā€™t want to start up. This turned out to be a good thing, because it gave me a legit reason to get a refund from the App Store.

(Yes, they DO give refunds, but they donā€™t make it easy. Thereā€™s no way I know of to do this through the App Store app, or via Settings. You have to enter an olā€™-fashioned URL, thus:
http://reportaproblem.apple.com/
Then you sign in, find the app, ā€œReport a Problem,ā€ and tell the truth, or at least the truthiness. You will be rewarded with your money back, and you can then delete the app, as I just did.)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.