It's hot as hell

If BB has taught me anything, it’s that a group can use/own a socially unacceptable word and it’s okay. Where as when anyone else says it, well that’s racist yo.

Ah memories of my parents 77 Caprice classic with that vinyl bench front seat.

Oh LAWDY that shits hot.

Yeah… My '95 Impala has a metal buckle, a metal adjuster, and a metal hasp/tongue. I have to grab the belt by the belt material and squeeze the belt above and below the adjuster so that they meet in order to manipulate the tongue into the buckle.

My wife gets very unhappy when her blouse rides up an inch in the back as she sits on the leather seat. Bare skin on warm leather doesn’t bother me as much.

My folks had an early Isuzu Trooper with vinyl seats, but someone finally realized that they should weave vinyl strands instead of using a single solid piece of cut vinyl, so it wasn’t so bad. Kind of like sitting on one of those plastic-wicker outdoor chairs. Not great, but not going to leave a layer of baked skin behind either.

The '81 Malibu they had fortunately had cloth seats. They’d learned their lessons from the '78 Fiesta with no AC and vinyl interior and their new purchase was tailored accordingly.

At least I haven’t left an imprint on my hand a’la Raiders of the Lost Ark with a Chrysler Pentastar logo from my Cordoba or “Body By Fisher” stamped in reverse from my Impala…

2 Likes

In my youth, my family had a '74 Renault 12 station wagon with black vinyl upholstery and no A/C. And we once took it on a camping trip to Death Valley in August because it was the “off season” and my mother had a thing about avoiding “crowds.” It’s now dawning on me why heat waves don’t bother me at all as long as the humidity is low. Between tinted windows, lighter-colored non-vinyl upholstery, and a hide tanned by the 70s, with or without AC summer holds no more terrors for me.

Put me east of the Rockies, however, and a day in the high 80s turns me into a whimpering puddle of sweat-soaked apathy.

Oh, you’e one of THOSE people, aren’t you? And white. I’m sure you’re white.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.