It's probably a good thing Damon Lindelof left Twitter because Tomorrowland is a dud

[Read the post]

1 Like

I pondered once what sort of films Objectivist parents might try to use to indoctrinate their children, since so much kiddy fare seems directly opposed to Ayn Rand’s ideals. I guess I know now.

3 Likes

Kraftmann’s ‘Lindelof Script’ recipe:

• 4 quarts fascinating questions that look great in ads
  • 2 cups tension
  • 2-4 completely erratic and nonsensical characters
  • 0 teaspoons explanation
  • 0 teaspoons resolution
  • 1 dash of editing out key scenes

Blend until all components are fully pulverized into an unrecognizable hash. Bake at ‘lukewarm at best’ for 24-120 minutes. Serves millions but seems to leave everyone hungry.

9 Likes

Seeing the name “Damon Lindelof” anywhere near a script is a massive - marching band blasting - red flag.

9 Likes

Bioshock, the Musical.

3 Likes

I love Brad Bird.

But not this much.

3 Likes

Can Hollywood please stop giving Damon Lindelof scripts to write? Please?

6 Likes

Some people fail upward. Sigh.

3 Likes

Interestingly, people are still saying crappy things about him, he can just avert his eyes with his viewscreen made from hundred dollar bills.

1 Like

I don’t know anything about Damon Lindelof, and I haven’t seen Tomorrowland, but to put this in perspective, you know what else has a 61% on metacritic? The Shining.

Metacritic reviews are averages. Averages of a bunch of different critics, some of whom don’t have a clue and others who are very knowledgeable. Some of them may share your tastes and others may not. A 61 doesn’t mean a movie is a stinker, or at least not for everyone.

6 Likes

i’ve actually like all i’ve seen of this movie so far. it looks like a fun, popcorn-fueled summer romp. i can’t believe it’s as bad as all that… i still plan on seeing it before judging it.

1 Like

Wait… how the hell did an overrated mess like “The Shining” get that high a score?

4 Likes

Well, for one thing it’s overrated…

2 Likes

Curse you and your logic!

5 Likes

Funny, I’m seeing all sorts of reviews saying how fun, entertaining, visually stunning, and enjoyable it is.

But I guess it’s fun to choose the minority of bad reviews and decide it’s a “dud”, eh?

1 Like

A movie where the protest to the inevitable shitty reviews is built into the story.

I have to say, the trailers have pushed all my “cool popcorn movie” buttons. And there ARE some reviews out there that make it sound great. I hope the hate, and the rush to declare it a dud, is just confirmation bias from people who are still pissed about “World War Z” and “Promethius”. I loved “ST: Into Darkness”, and “Lost”, so I’m trying to keep an open mind.

I just got back from the theater, I loved this movie.

1 Like
  • Jeffrey Lieber
  • J. J. Abrams
  • Damon Lindelof
  • Carlton Cuse

And ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

2 Likes

I loved Lost soooo much; I’m in Damon’s debt, and I wish people would be kinder to him.

Anyone can criticize; pick up a pencil and show us what you can create.