Jupiter is the Death Star

[Permalink]

2 Likes

“All these worlds are yours except Europa. Keep your distance there, but don’t look like you’re trying to keep your distance.”

5 Likes

That blast came from the Death Star! That thing’s operational!

1 Like
6 Likes

It’s the sun that didn’t make it…most solar systems have been found to be binary; if it’d become a sun…welll, maybe Pluto would still be a planet, and habitable to boot!

1 Like

So somewhere under Jupiter’s clouds there’s a trash compactor with a dianoga living in it?

(I should probably seek professional help for knowing the term for that thing without even looking it up.)

7 Likes

It was the second planet I ever saw through a telescope as a child. Ha, I’m glad it isn’t a star and remains so pretty :smile:

(When I later saw the rings of Saturn, mind. Blown.)

2 Likes

That’s no gas giant…it’s a space station

It’s too big to be a death star…

3 Likes

It had a name?

Get help. :wink:

1 Like

It probably has an extensive back story and an entire EU novel devoted to it.

4 Likes

In fact there was reportedly a bonus feature on a recent release that explained exactly why a vicious animal was in the sanitation system in the first place.

2 Likes

I still have the vinyl full album with “Other Galactic Funk” bought when I was but a teeny-teen, lol…and fun trivia: Jon Bon Jovi’s uncle worked extensively on the album!

1 Like

I ran the numbers long ago, and found if Jupiter was big enough to become a class M star, it would make no noticeable difference on Earth. Not only would it not give us toasty winter nights - it wouldn’t even be much brighter than it already is. Red dwarf stars just don’t amount to much. Also, I think it would need to be a lot bigger, not just a skosh. Fiction is so much more fun without all that math.

1 Like

Parasites in that location make perfect sense.

1 Like

Oh okay…see, what I knew, without ever really looking up new evidence, LOL, was found in an old Time-Life book published in 1955 called “The World We Live In”. Thanks bunches for info, it gives me something to look up when I have free time! :smile:

Please tell me that this is why Bon Jovi debuted on the Star Wars Holiday Special! [I think I’ve got that right…]

1 Like

Great! Now how am I going to remember the names of seven planets?! I had just gotten used to “My Very Educated Mother Just Showed Us Nothing”. Which planet goes out next?

See Rule 34.

http://www(dot)imagefap(dot)com/pictures/2450302/Star-Wars-Princess-Leia-and-the-Dianoga

1 Like

That really puts the “ewww” in EU.

1 Like