Kid yanks tooth out of her own mouth with help from a slingbow

[Read the post]

1 Like

Typo in second sentence: he instead of she.

Fixed. Thanks!

Just showed the video to my daughter. She was unenthusiastic … :smile:

5 Likes

My favorite dad-of-the-year tooth extraction is still via Estes rocket.

5 Likes

I tricked my daughter into trying the string-tied-to-door-and-tooth approach. Once.

She now knows to trust adults less :smiley:

4 Likes

That is one awesome dad!

Yeah. I tried the doorknob trick once. But was too much of a wimp to follow through. So, sick of my interminable 7-year-old whining, my dad grabbed me by the arm, dragged me out to the garage, got a pair of needlenose vise grips, held me down and pulled the tooth out himself.

After that, I just used a pair of pliers on my own each time I had a loose tooth. Turns out the pain (for me) was all psychosomatic, and just using a tool occupied my mind enough to not “remember to feel the pain”.

2 Likes

Best bit is how you can see her checking the now empty spot with her tongue before the exulation starts. Very cute.

4 Likes

Tried chasing daughter round the house with pliers too, but she wasn’t enthusiastic about that solution either. It did stop the whining though — she’s pulled the more recent ones out herself with no fuss. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah, the thing is, it’s easy to trick a 7 year old with ADHD. They tend to be pretty inattentive to things. Like, your dad sneaking up withing grabbing distance.

2 Likes

She would trust you more if you had waited until the tooth was loose.

9 Likes

But… You’ll never become a pro dentist without first being an armature! :wink:

1 Like
2 Likes

Indeed. Mind you, this is the same daughter who managed to rip a tooth out of her head opening a twist-top bottle of coke (lid too tight, so she used her teeth … like she’d seen dad do :no_mouth: )

Luckily it was a baby tooth.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.