KONG Extreme dog toy

If your dog is very large or strong they may be able to chew the kongs to bits, but fear not! The solution is to put one kong inside the another. They will then last quite awhile.

My 65lb American Pit Bull loves the Kong extreme. The only toy she’s not destroyed within minutes.

My experience exactly.

Ah yes, the KongKongen.

Our Lab maggie was able to chew out the large hole in the regular kong so that it was no longer a challenge. The black extreme version has fared much better.

The “classic” red Kong and the black Extreme version are great dog toys. However, every single other Kong-branded toy I’ve purchased for my dogs over the years has been destroyed instantly. Even the ones that were supposed to be for power chewers. They’re just junky for lack of a better way to say it. I think Kong just licensed out their name to these other products without making sure they’re high quality. Steer clear.

In early 2013, KONG made a major supply shift for many of it’s products. At this point in time, they are most likely out of all inventory made before 2013. The changes were probably two-fold. For sure, some of their product lines have changed from rubber to thermoplastic elastomer. You wouldn’t see much of change initially, but physical properties would tend to suffer. They were also under extreme pressure to move manufacturing to China. I don’t know for sure that this happened, but it is likely. Now, my knowledge of this pertains only to the classic Kong shape and the frisbees. Anything else (tires etc.) they may manufacture I have no direct experience with. Also, any color other than red (white, blue, pink, marbled, etc.) are a comparatively small segment of the market. The red was their real bread and butter.

Our GSDs love the Kong, but peanut butter or cookies in the middle seems superfluous. They just want to chase the darn thing.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.