Leaked (final?) TPP Intellectual Property chapter spells doom for free speech online

First they have to take away all the guns, then they can DO THIS.

1 Like

how’s a treaty requiring handing over privacy records going to fly given CJEU?

1 Like

No, they haven’t.

This is just one battle within an on-going class war.

We’re still very much fighting with the ever-growing and most massive, dynamic grassroots movement we’ve ever seen in the history of our nation against these piles of corporatist shit.

6 Likes

Isn’t this very much a double-edged sword? Signatories could stop trials involving malfeasance by their own corporations, but a do-gooder country could put a stop to trials of, say, persecuted whistleblowers and fall guys.

Really? How is this clickbait? I’m really interested in what you’re saying.

Shadowrun?

3 Likes

They want to give us George Orwell.
If we’ll work hard enough, we can turn it into William Gibson.

4 Likes
you'll notice that all of the provisions that recognize the rights of the public are non-binding, whereas almost everything that benefits rightsholders is binding
The part of EFF's analysis I "liked" best.
1 Like

what if we just shot all the execs of media and telecom companies? and then just keep going until no one wants to wave that flag any more.

3 Likes

Yeah, well, Neuromancer is hardly a cheerful milieu Plus, no-one invented cellphones there :smiley:

3 Likes

‘B’ Ark taken to its logical conclusion.

2 Likes

But don’t forget to let the telephone sanitisers stay.

3 Likes

Everybody has their own cellphone these days. Are said sanitizers still necessary?

Understandable. Tempting even. But when talking potential mass extinction you’d really really have to have it in for 'em.

3 Likes

Of course they don’t. The only way the gun people will get involved is if they threaten that right itself. Otherwise, they’ll happily sit it out just like every other civil rights violation they’ve ignored.

2 Likes

What @tomxvesely said. We don’t

You forgot to include “wake up sheeple” in your rant.

3 Likes

At this point, I assume Cory made this up as clickbait.

I don’t recall being asked

Deference to authority