London may host 2016 games

[Permalink]

London to IOC.

ā€œOf course we will be glad to host the Olympics again in 2016. The late fee for this booking will be Ā£9.3 billion (approximate cost of the 2012 Olympics.)1ā€

10 Likes

Where does the IOC keep finding suckers, much less repeat customers, after burning so many of them over the years?

7 Likes

An actual member of the IOC said they do not have a plan Bā€¦ it will happen in Rio. Another ā€œsourceā€ from the IOC said it is not moving to London.

But a different ā€œsourceā€ said it could move and it has before, and suddenly this is a news story? Crap journalism and I donā€™t know why it is on bb.(at the same time, Iā€™m sure the special ā€˜IOC task forceā€™ has at least thrown the idea on the table, it would be irresponsible if they didnā€™t look at all options, which would also have the added benefit of another round of bribes, booze, and hookers)

Tell me bb journalism prosā€¦ what exactly does ā€œa sourceā€ mean behind the scenes? I immediately consider the quote and likely the article BS, is that not completely fair? I understand sometimes an important story cannot be discussed on record, but my gut feeling is that more times than not it is over zealous news outlets needing to produce a product out of nothing, or it is someone using the media to push an agendaā€¦ or bluffing.

I think Pyongyang should host it, after all, Seoul had it in 1988. Plus, they can have a Arirang Mass Game as their opening ceremony.

3 Likes

Would they re-use the Lisa Simpson Gives London Fellatio logo as well?

4 Likes

World Cup should be a good preview, and probably why these noises are being made. Brazil is killing off workers by the truckload trying to get some of the stadiums done on time.

1 Like

This will render Britain entirely insufferable.

Lisa drinks Rioā€™s milkshake?

1 Like

Didnā€™t they say this about Sochi? And Bejing?

2 Likes

I really donā€™t see how this could happen.

To avoid the ā€œlegacyā€ of unused venues many were temporary and are now gone: Water Polo, Beach Volleyball, Hockey, etc.

Others have been, or are being downsized (athletics, swimming)

Not to mention the media centre and athletes village being handed over to private clients.

1 Like

Gossip and speculation define the headline and absolutely no editorial content defines the worth of this post.

Well, the Los Angeles games actually turned a profit, mostly by using existing facilities and getting corporate sponsors to pop for the rest. As a Chicago taxpayer I am so glad we lost to Rio. We would have been stuck for building all the facilities, while only Mayor Daleyā€™s cronies would have done well.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.