Look at all the cool stuff from the Ray Bradbury estate auction

[Permalink]

1 Like

That picture brings back strong memories of my childhood - that Bradbury book was one of the first sci-fi books I read, and it really stuck with me. I wish I had that kind of money to spend…

As an aside, I wonder; does buying the painting mean that the owner also has copyright over the image?

1 Like

But do they have the painting for I Sing The Body Electric?

Good Show Sir says, “That’s the Bradbury story about an android grandmother, isn’t it? A sweet, family tale? Right, so let’s have either a muscle man or a horse on the cover. Better yet, a muscle man who IS a horse. And so ripped, that even his muscles have muscle men on them. On a wraparound cover.”

What a weird and fascinating image! SO mysterious.

3 Likes

Seems a bit more like it should have been a Heinlein cover. Only one fist would be a lady.

Also, don’t let Cyriak see this.

2 Likes

The item I’m drooling over is the Charles Addams painting that inspired October Country and was the cover for From the Dust Returned. Anyone have a spare $32k?

http://natedsanders.com/Charles_Addams_Signed_Painting_Personally_Owned_by-LOT31400.aspx

2 Likes

Ray Bradbury’s Hugo Award for Fahrenheit 451

Guys, I’m gonna need to borrow $5000, okay?

Edit: And the trophy the Thousand Oaks library gave him in 1995 when I met him for the first time! Aah!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.