Magician makes dogs' treats vanish

[Permalink]

1 Like

One of our cats has a food anxiety, and will hound you for life until she gets her treat. Making it disappear would be a big mistake.

"Meowmeowmeowmeowmeowmeowmeowmeowmeowā€¦

5 Likes

Repost!

I think this is a different video - I canā€™t watch the original right now but they seem to be different dogs to me.

1 Like

Isnā€™t this just a variation on ā€œpretend to throw the tennis ball but keep it in your handā€? Itā€™s cute, but Iā€™m not sure you need to be a magician to pull this one over on dogs.

10 Likes

Alternative title: ā€œHow Assholes Treat Their Dogsā€

5 Likes

I have a basset. No amount of slight of hand will confuse that nose. He can smell through time.

9 Likes

Bassets are not otherwise known for their problem solving abilities, bless their hearts.

4 Likes

and it keeps getting funnierā€¦ everyā€¦ singleā€¦ timeā€¦ Iā€¦ seeā€¦ it!

5 Likes

It looks like you are correct! I rescind my earlier comment ;-D!

Still wish it ended with the dogs getting treats.

3 Likes

Yeah! It would be funny to see someone do the opposite trick, and have a treat pop up unexpectedly.

I hate myself for thinking this is so damn funny.

The cool part is heā€™s demonstrated dogs have a basic toddler understanding of object permanence - moreso than American voters, for instance.

8 Likes

Dogs are used to people messing with them (see: tennis ball). I think part of the social contract is that after we do, weā€™re supposed to go ahead and give them what we ā€˜promisedā€™ them.

You did, right? After the shot, you gave them their treat, right?

2 Likes

From the video description on YouTube:

" By the way, all the dogs got treats before and after the trick"

2 Likes

I thought all dogs had a keen enough sense of smell to be able to figure out where the prankster hid the treat.

I donā€™t see a treat anywhere in this video, which means there isnā€™t anything to smell/hide.

Or am I missing something?

It occurred to me that there are probably some cats out there in the audience that would be very impressed if he made the dogs vanish.

1 Like

Cats arenā€™t as forgiving when it comes to teasing and human pranks.

http://www.slapcaption.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/How-You-Like-The-Red-Dot-Now-.png

4 Likes