Making a planetary-scale sandwich

I wouldn’t eat it. Never was made right and was left out in the sun.

3 Likes

Ze Frank, who should really be better known, had this to say about Douglas Coupland’s use of the Earth Sandwich:
“The Earth Sandwich is featured in Douglas Coupland’s book Generation A, without any credit towards the original. His publisher responded to inquiries by stating: ‘Doug’s fiction is many things, but one of the things he creates in his novels is a tapestry of ideas and objects and turns of mind he’s noticed in the world.’ What a wank.”

The Earth Sandwich project page is here: http://www.zefrank.com/sandwich/

5 Likes

i came here thinking I could show off my smarts with: http://www.amazon.ca/Generation-A-Novel-Douglas-Coupland/dp/1439157022 only to realize I am not so original or quick!

Good thing that I never finished my tunnels – would have ended up in the Indian Ocean.

2 Likes

Wait till your father gets home! How am I going to explain a huge geyser in the back yard! Anyone who hasn’t raised boys… they have no idea.

4 Likes

In other news, big burger chains move to remarket the “Earth Burger” as the new medium size.

4 Likes

It would have been a lot easier to just use one piece of bread to make an Earth bruschetta.

7 Likes

A GPS unit showing the time & location would have sold this for me, otherwise just a couple of dudes randomly kneeling next to a fallen piece of bread.

3 Likes

I once dropped an ice cream cone and accidentally turned the whole planet into a dessert topping.

8 Likes

The largest one of these:

2 Likes

Step right up for the biggest sandwich on Earth… uh… wait… the biggest Earth on a sandwich… oh, never mind…

4 Likes

Reminds me of the guy in the looney-bin doing push-ups, saying he trying to push the Earth out of its orbit…

2 Likes

mmmm… hot gooey center.

4 Likes

So, every time I drop the toast butter side down, open face Earth Sandwich?

Happy Earth Day! Let’s EAT!

2 Likes

“Stolen” isn’t quite right - Ze Frank came up with the idea, but challenged and invited people to do it. You can’t really “steal” something that someone suggested you do.

1 Like

Of course, dirty mind that I have, I envisioned them taking off their clothes and lying on their bellies on opposite side of the Earth.

2 Likes

So when do we get the low-carb wrap option?

Gross. I couldn’t eat anything with Denmark in it.

Why IS there a huge geyser in your backyard? Maybe he wandered away from the rest home?