Making, gender, and doing

A female tech is a somewhat rare sight. Did you compare with the rest of the sample, if the non-tech-skilled ones don’t actually appreciate being offered the help?

Also, you may like to complain to those guys then, not to me. I am not one of them and being associated with this is more a collective guilt issue than a logical link.

For the record, I don’t do that collective guilt thing.

Then why there can’t be a sanctuary from this if it supposedly is everywhere?!?

Also, how does this claim hold water in areas with extreme-majority white, and the sub-demographics that are extremely male-biased? Does not the subset automatically nivelize the proclaimed advantage by removing the “disadvantaged” from the set? What if in that demographics you have a better chance of meeting a single gay male than a single female? That kind of negates even the “heterosexual privilege”, doesn’t it?!?

What if we widen the scope? Aren’t the non-white non-males in western world “privileged” in comparison with the Third World areas? With the war zones? Why aren’t THEY fed this line too?

With the changed scope, who’s supposed to be the whipping boy?

You can do that with vast majority of conversations. Anybody can. Conversations are like that.

What do you know about me, about how the world works for me in both the pluses and minuses, about the area where I live and what demographic/cultural/historical factors play role here?

If being a straight white dude is such a wondrous thing, why it does not work that way?

Yes, your pet war.

People can fight other miniwars. There are the privacy vs surveillance, the comm tech availability, the cheap medical instrumentation, computer security, and megatons of others. People can have hands full of their own ones, and not have the willingness to spare the resources for yet one more - especially when there are queues of other warriors with other pet causes who would want the same, and who insist as loudly that their one is The Most Important One. If you take on only every tenth problem you are being shamed/guilt-tripped into, you soon run out of resources.

I don’t have unlimited resources, I am picking my fights.

A wondrous demographics, so wondrous that for decades I cannot get laid to save my life (try to do something more advanced without nonverbal comm reading resolution that’d be worth crap and with rather annoying albeit not crippling anxiety attacks, I guess the “not cripping” part could be also spun as a sort of a “privilege”?), not even dreaming about anything longer-term, and that merely to get a non-boring evening out that is not also work, and not being ignored, is rather… rare. (I learned to carry a book. And to drink.)

And then somebody comes and starts chirping in how “privileged” I am, all while I have to watch others getting better deals left and right. (Bad deals too; better be well-hanged than badly married.) Sorry, so sorry, that it irks me.