Man doesn't emerge from Y2K bunker after 15 years

yeah. i can recognize their voices now, so it’s less fun… because they can’t fool me anymore.
but yeah. the parody is amazing.

Second, the onion has a paywall.

Does it? I’ve never noticed one and I just went in and clicked on 15 stories without running into one. Am I missing something?

Us common folk only get 10 free articles. You obviously have special internet privileges.

I thought The Onion only had a paywall for non-US readers.

The program called “This is that” is well known for being a gag/satire show on CBC.

I gotta love the people that got butt hurt that they didnt take two second to verify the information, as in where exactly did it come from?

But alas, programs like “This is that” know many of you will be too lazy to check the source.

Ah, make that us foreigners then. All the more reason for us to rally in defence (note spelling) of our home-grown satire.

Yeah, I used to read the Onion routinely, but being a dirty foreigner I no longer have access because reasons so fuck them.

I am a huge fan of This is That. They brilliantly and humorously troll radio listeners, and specifically the sort of listeners who are primed to freak out when they hear about the government doing something they perceive as stupid or wasteful.

One of my favourites was a piece they did about the Canadian Forces wanting to reduce its carbon footprint by having the troops in Afghanistan ride bicycles rather than armored personnel carriers. They beautifully trolled a perfect Venn diagram of right wing Canadian outrage (Support Our Troops overlaps with Big Climate Conspiracy overlaps with liberal big government being dumb). The phone ins were a high point in Canadian radio.

2 Likes

Sorry, but This Is That is almost never funny, occasionally it’s “CBC funny”, at best.

1 Like

Btw, I know yanks like to slag any place that isn’t the USA but even joking that Canada is cruel and dishonest, lighting must have hit you, making a claim like that as an as an american, wow, that takes balls of titanium.

Wonder what Cory thinks of this post and these responses …

I must agree. Bunker humor is not to be laughed at. Who knows how many beguiled souls are still holed up under the earth, eating their MRIs, and watching clocks countdown to a time when it’s possibly safe to come out to a world not devoid of human rights and tacos.

Shame on CBC. Their thoughtless attempts at producing chuckles has embarrassed far too many fact checkers.

Apology accepted, and thanks for explaining humour to us.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.