Man mocks alligator. Alligator kills man

That’s a pretty disgusting thing to write.

6 Likes

Testosterone is a hell of a drug.

4 Likes

Man mocks alligator. Alligator kills man

Alligator is a cop?

5 Likes

I try.

As much as it is indeed not cool to mock the dead or take pleasure in the suffering of another, there has to be some schadenfreude when someone just doesn’t recognize their place in the universe.

Man: I’m a terrestrial hairless primate, with no natural weapons except my unusually large brain (which I refuse to use). I probably max out somewhere around 6ft. and 200-225#. Add to that that I’m somewhat ungainly in the water…

Alligator: I’m an extremely powerful predator whose design really hasn’t changed much in the last 200 million years… for a reason. I’m at home in the water, and can get to about 11ft and weigh roughly a half a ton. I’ll also pretty much eat anything made of meat.

I know who I’d put my money on!

Note: I also would chortle at someone who died after trying to tickle a tiger’s balls, or dumbasses that get bitten after harassing venomous animals.

8 Likes

Samuel Clemens would also approve.

“July 4. Statistics show that we lose more fools on this day than in all the other days of the year put together. This proves, by the number left in stock, that one Fourth of July per year is now inadequate, the country has grown so.”

Mark Twain (1835 – 1910)

13 Likes

I’ve got so many jokes about how Sarah Palin would approach the problem of being killed/eaten by alligators I don’t know where to start…

2 Likes

“Some, I assume, are good gators.”

Thanks, Don.

3 Likes

Man mocks alligator, alligator rims man?

trolley? Or were you abused by…alligator-mockers, I guess?

2 Likes

Ain’t no gubmint gonna tell me where ta swim.

4 Likes

Why?

Getting removed from gene pool should be enough. The process not being mercifully swift and if possible painless does not add anything to the result.

Death’s scythe should be well-sharpened and its swing fast.

1 Like

“No swimming, alligators” would be a command to alligators, forbidding them from swimming there. It would be up to the human swimmer to decide whether they trust the literacy and obedience of the gators. The man was probably cursing and taunting the alligator for failing to read the sign.

A period, exclamation point, or semicolon, however, might have saved his life.

5 Likes

I stand corrected.

Its all moot, I suppose; alligator literacy is surely severely compromised when cracker avec budweiser is on the buffet.

2 Likes

Exactly. Commas–and dashes–save lives. “No swimming–alligators.”

1 Like

Since it goes well beyond average garden-variety stupidity, this case seems to meet the actual requirements of the Darwin Awards: http://www.darwinawards.com/rules/

MOCK alligator?! We use NO artificial additives or preservatives of ANY kind!

8 Likes

What’s the point of pissing off large lizards…so little to gain , so much to lose.

1 Like

Alligators are dinosaurs.

That’s kind of fucked up. Seeing as his stupidity only got him killed why should extra suffering be necessary?