Man mocks alligator. Alligator kills man

Well, it was mentioned the guy was going for a night swim.
So presumably the take away is you can’t say “don’t mess with Texas” after the sun goes down.

1 Like

Never read of Chuck being particularly bloodthirsty.

So you’re saying there WERE swimming alligators?

In Australia, where there are salt water crocs are really aggressive, the signs say don’t even go near the water.

Oh god. All my assumptions about this guy were right:

@Robert_Sanders Because I know the type and they ruin everything. This lack of respect for nature is indicative of the lack of respect that’s will leading to the global climate disasters that will torture and then kill us all.

This attitude is why the snow capped peaks where I live, that almost never go bare of snow, were already bare in fucking June.

Fuck him. Fuck people like him.

(Of course my stated desire to hope that he suffered is actually a way of articulating how much I loathe people like him. I don’t care if he suffered or not. I have no impact on whether he suffered and if I did I’d do nothing to increase or lessen his suffering.)

You mess with the alligator, you get the jaws.

It’s a truly bizarre feature of contemporary life that we can look up the FB profiles of the deceased.

One of his few visible status updates:
“some people are not fit to be in this shitty world but even though happyness is just a stones through a way”

3 Likes

There we go again, blaming the Arabic-speaking world.

5 Likes

My initial reaction too. Bad grammar and punctuation is seriously dangerous. A comma wouldn’t have helped, a full stop and an exclamation point, a colon or semicolon would have been better.

No, they’re not. Both dinosaurs (including birds) and crocodilians are archosaurs, but not all archosaurs are dinosaurs.

(Pterosaurs were also archosaurs but not dinosaurs).

It is, however, true that crocodiles are more closely related to dinosaurs than snakes and lizards are.

2 Likes

get the hook…

Them’s fightin’ words.

Sure, but once you leave Austin City Limits (pun intended) you’re in for a rough ride;

1 Like

Your in the running for a pendant.

2 Likes

I totally blame the sign maker. On the other hand, you make what is ordered the exact way its worded. A picture of a headless person in the jaws of a gator might have worked.

3 Likes

I was in the Houston general area. Was nice.
…memories…

Well, there are worse places in the world than Houston.

Like Dallas.

I saw too little of Dallas so cannot comment here. Wasn’t bad but the size of the sample was less than three days.

I feel you. From one state north, and I’m guessing a little east, I feel you. I have to admit I checked out his facebook page, and it made me wonder if it would be possible to tweak the curriculum at the School of Hard Knocks to address the lack of respect for nature problem. This dude is, like, Exhibit A for why one should respect nature. His fate is something his peers can relate to, and maybe it’s possible to address more…abstract…issues in some way. I’ll be thinking about how to do this.

1 Like

Going by his FB page, that warning sign may have been way above his reading level, regardless of the nuances of punctuation.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.