Man sues Disneyland for ending membership to exclusive Club 33

[Read the post]

1 Like

Goodness! An unutterable breach of the etiquette, decorum, and refinement of breeding for which Disneyland is world renowned!

Servant, my fainting couch!

12 Likes

Wow, if I was a muckety-muck, and I assure you I am, I can think of a good many exclusive clubs that would attract me more than a Disneyland club. Why does this institution exen exist? $10,000 to party with Mickey?

4 Likes

The mirror of Groucho Marx? He wants to belong to a club that won’t accept him as a member

3 Likes

Access to Club 33, free entrance to the park and tours are the perks.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, we were left with no other choice in order to preserve the integrity of membership

I was going to snark about this, but then I realized, probably no other club on earth cares so very deeply about the integrity of its membership than one whose members pay $11,000 to have lunch at a theme park.

7 Likes

Because you could get a freaking drink in Club 33 as opposed to the dry wasteland that is Disneyland. At least California Adventure serves alcohol these days.

3 Likes

Having been to Club 33 (as a guest, not a member), I gotta say that it’s a bit of a thrill to go there (Drink in the park without having to smuggle it in! General public not allowed!), but I can’t imagine paying that kind of yearly membership fee for the privilege.

8 Likes

The waiting list for membership is years long. Club 33 is a really fantastic restaurant with tons of Disney history behind it (designed by Walt to entertain heads of state!), and you get access to the park thru a private entrance. Many members are companies who use their membership as a perk for top employees. I got in once when a local company auctioned off one day of use of their membership for charity. Experience of a lifetime.

10 Likes

As a person who would have to fly to any Disney place this just seems absurd, but I suppose there must be regulars for whom this is like a country club or pool membership. I’m just having a hard time squaring the yearly cost with those perks.

2 Likes

One less person on the waiting list !

1 Like

Previously on BoingBoing:

6 Likes

IIRC Disney World has something similar. You forget there are people just obsessed with those places and go several times a year.

1 Like

No, they don’t, sadly. They have lots of corporate VIP lounges in all the pavilions and attractions sponsored by various companies, but there’s nothing remotely like Club 33 at WDW.

1 Like

…that we know of.

6 Likes

Sounds like he’s not the only one who transfers privileges.

1 Like

Two very different things: it’s OK to let others use your membership with authorized permission (companies do it every day) and Disney gave special permission for a charity auction for one day of use in my case. This fellow was selling off use of his membership without permission.

2 Likes

Or Minnie… depends on your preferences. Extra for both of them.

1 Like

Ears Wide Shut

4 Likes

Asshole pulls one last asshole move after asshole club says he’s too much of an asshole even for assholes.

4 Likes