MetalCaptcha: captcha with heavy metal band logos

[Read the post]

1 Like

I was actually able to pass this one on the first try – I did have to skip 1 out of 5.

Neat idea. Unfortunately if it became popular it would be easy and worthwhile for a bot to be prefed the “metal logos” image pack given the relatively small number of logos that would be possible, therefore defeating the purpose…

3 Likes

How did Nickelback get into the “metal logos” image pack?..

5 Likes

Keepin’ it real?

I don’t know, “Error loading” would be a decent band name.

6 Likes

I got 4 out of 10.

Then I just fed the images into Google Image search, and it found them every time.

As cute as this is, this is the opposite of a Captcha: it’s something that’s hard for humans and trivially easy for computers.

3 Likes

There are always the derivative versions:

2 Likes

Only because they haven’t run them through the transforms yet. A little stretch, a little noise, and Google will surrender!

That’s not the only non-metal in the first pack: AC/DC, Foo Fighters, Primus, White Stripes, Nirvana…

It occurs to me that wildstyle grafitti would be a good source of captcha images. Keep everyone out, not just bots!

That looks an awful lot like the display of iron-on patches in the window of my local head shop.

1 Like

(source)

(What I wanted to do was embed THIS clip, but the clips has vanished from teh intarwebs? NOOOO MAH TUBES IS EMPTIED!)

The devil did it.

I’d say AC/DC are certainly metal enough.

Now Molly Hatchet, there’s a band flying a false flag.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.