Millennials are cheap because they're broke

as if its ever really been different.

Capitalism: it’s not about the product, it’s not about the quality, it’s about Making Money.

3 Likes

Where it comes from is irrelevant.
It’s the image content, not the copyright status. Not that you care…

In the UK, the German supermarket chains (Aldi and Lidl) pay better than ASDA (a Walmart subsidiary). The logic is obvious; they make very big efficiency savings by restricting product ranges and vertical integration, and avoiding expensive POS displays, so they can pay more and still be profitable. Thus they can get the best staff. Checkouts are fast, shelves frequently restocked.
Here, there is a move away from large out of town supermarkets back to smaller shops in town centres, so getting efficient staff keeps customers happy and makes them less likely to drive out to the big sheds.
Also, the knowledge that staff are properly paid attracts some customers away from the more expensive branded shops like Waitrose.
It’s still capitalism, but capitalism with a slightly Apple face; compete on convenience and service.
Wal-Mart won’t change until people realise that the race to the bottom is actually bad for them and their children.

6 Likes

You don’t like cartoon animals? I mean, I like to kick @lolipop_jones as much as the next guy but this seems to be an odd criticism.

1 Like

It also represents a failure to delegate responsibility, which negates the authority of the management. My previous employer hated me for, among other reasons, always knowing what their employee budget actually was.

I think it has in the U.S., where as I understand it, real wages have gone steadily down and hours worked up, especially for the working class/lower orders. Not to mention other deleterious features of increasing precarity.

Also, nice booze for cheap :slight_smile:

Or… You could do it with a bearer bond, and really screw with their heads.

2 Likes

I’m cheap because I WAS broke for a year or two there… now I’ve got a plenty good income but I’m still more than happy to live on the cheap!

Plus that way it’s easier to save up to take over the world… Mu-wah-ha-ha-ha-ha!

5 Likes

Are you thinking what I’m thinking, Pinky?

2 Likes

I dunno @japhroaig, I just don’t think there is a market for dreamsicle scented bed sheets.

9 Likes

I think so, but where are we going to find rubber pants our size?

6 Likes

I’ll be yelling at the clouds from my house. Now get off my lawn sonny. :-p

2 Likes

I think so, but me and Pippi Longstockings? What would the children look like?

5 Likes

I think so Brain! But without ears won’t we look like weasels?

7 Likes

4 Likes

Yeah, this is real “I believe in America. I believe it exists” level stuff.

But… constant comment is great.

1 Like

I think you need this gif?

Or perhaps this one:

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.