Misspelled signs written by people who love English

Push Your Luck Dargon, as I’ve been informed.

Also I have this problem:

1 Like

Don’t Push Your Luck Dragon, for those new here. :smile:

Cheggit: @Falcor (You can click on that and see his profile.)

C’mon, we gotta get the newbs banned, or else the regulars won’t have a proper voice. If they think it’s cool to push their luck, they won’t last long enough to bother us.

2 Likes

Ahhhhh… I feel so enlightened!

1 Like

These things are always horribly photoshopped. The signs are hyper pixelated. I don’t think passing them around is a good idea.

I think it masks the issue: plenty of conservative assholes are articulate and reasonably well educated. A bright young physicians assistant I know was posting some garbage about islamobama. She’s quite a bit smarter than I am. But also hyper religious.

Anyway. This is old stale non news.

Dump Bass doesn’t even know how to write ‘Respect Ape-Country’.

Some of these people will vote in 2016, by the way.

4 Likes

But they’re not the ones who go out and protest.

I agree with the fourth one. I don’t want any ill eagles in my neighborhood either.

2 Likes

The ‘conservative’ set have fully embraced the proud to be stupid ethos. For instance, if you point out something totally idiotic that one of these people say, they’ll respond with something like, ‘Sorry, I didn’t go to one of your liberal communist indoctrination universities’ or ‘Sorry, I’m too busy working for a living instead of asking hardworking Americans for a handout to check my spelling’.

5 Likes

How dare you.

#AllEaglesMatterEvenIllEagles

5 Likes

I think they meant “liberal failure.”

Why is Tony Curtis holding that placard?

These signs are still just photoshopped junk.

don’t conflate jpg compression artifacts with photoshoping. most of these images actually pass the photoshoping forensics testing tools. check for yourself.

this isn’t a part of the great left media conspiracy, most of these people really are that dumb. which should have been self evident based on what their signs are about.

10 Likes

Every one of these pictures is hyperpixelated around the sign, but not otherwise. They appear to be totally bogus.

Link to one misspelled picture in an actual mainstream news report, please.

http://www.wbez.org/story/news/long-time-mayor-signs

8 Likes

I can tell by the pixels!

7 Likes

Here’s a good explainer about text and jpeg compression.
Image Analyst Mike Pound explains what goes wrong when JPEG tries to compress text.

7 Likes

Thanks, but as the video shows, unless we’re looking at an 8x8 glyph, JPEG compression wouldn’t make much of a difference besides “mosquito noise” ie ringing artifacts. This shows that there’s been manipulation between the two versions.