Mom jeans back in

[Permalink]

Not on this mom, they aren’t. DEATH TO THE HIGHWAISTS!!!

9 Likes

2 Likes

I hereby take back every like I’ve ever given on BB and reallocate them to this one comment!

How in god’s name did the high waist ever come back into fashion? Can’t we skip it and maybe go back to bellbottoms? Please?

4 Likes

Bellbottoms? That’s going a little too far, my friend…

2 Likes

That’s cool. I mean, who am to judge if people want to look like Ed Grimley? http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1i277O6Lj1qe1klwo2_1280.jpg

5 Likes

Oh thank God, I never know what’s in until it’s been out 5-10 years.

On the right shaped mom the high waist can look really good!
Problem is that in the US it is hard to get a 10" difference between waist and hip numbers. My wife just gave up after crying over jeans shopping one time too many and now mostly wears skirts and tights for everything.

3 Likes

Good God. Sometimes I love the Baffler.

Also.

What??? I can’t understand who wouldn’t want a longer perceived leg line. Sometimes it’s like I don’t even know you.

2 Likes

High waists only look good on people with flat tummies… Just like the return of crop tops and babydoll dresses, these fashions only work on the super thin or the super young. Fine. They can keep them!

1 Like

Viva la OLDS!!!

1 Like

What? “Normcore” is thing? Damn it.

It’s weird how I always end up being cool after trying so hard not to be.

3 Likes

I’m a short person, so the perception of longer legs sounds terrific! Unfortunately, high waist jeans hit me above my natural waist. If they were to hit right at my waist, that just draws attention to my pooch (which is fine I’m just trying to keep from highlighting it.) I can’t speak for anyone else, but low rise jeans work best with my (pear) shape.

What really made me happy was the mention of 100% cotton jeans. I don’t like stretchy jeans. I prefer jeans that last for more than a year.

1 Like

Seconded by this mom. No effin’ highwaist pants shall ever pollute my closet again. The 80’s are OVER.

[full disclosure: I’m 5’4" with a 31" inseam. I ain’t got room for highwaisters. That shit sits on my ribs.]

7 Likes

Viva la shorties!!! (5’, when I’m lying to everyone).

3 Likes

But they go so well with my ankle holster.

2 Likes

“irony as a lifestyle choice is over.”

Shell art is also over.

I don’t see the longer perceived leg line. I see a person cut in half, truly ginormous thighs even on women who don’t have them and an extremely unflattering ultra-flat-yet-still-huge buttocks.

3 Likes

I’ll bet the trousers on your avatar have a high rise!