Monkey patiently shows human how to crush leaves

[Permalink]

I had a supervisor like this. “Ok, next you’re gonna trim back the insulation on the cable-no that’s too short you’ve got to gently feed it through the crimper no no that’s the wrong side but we can still work with this OH JUST GIVE IT TO ME.”

6 Likes

Exactly same video was posted less than a year ago.

Took me 30 seconds to find it by searching for “monkey crush leaves”.

11 Likes

This video always gives me a serious case of the ASMRs…

This pretty much echoes my fascination with running the trash compactor. We are not that dissimilar, little monkey. Not that dissimilar at all.

3 Likes

Hopefully there’s a monkey out there that can teach humans to hold their camera in landscape position when filming.

12 Likes

Standards have changed, I’m afraid. These days we’re happy when they don’t post a story twice in the same day.

5 Likes

Monkey is vertical, thus frame is in portrait orientation. All is as it should be.

12 Likes

Today’s secret word is…something!

1 Like

No. Human eyes are horizontal. A camera shooting video to be seen by human eyes should also be horizontal. John Ford didn’t turn the camera sideways, just because John Wayne was standing up.

6 Likes

I liked the monkey. the monkey was good.

8 Likes

John Ford was a hack. Go unload your biological determinism bullshit on Modigliani or Barnett Newman.

2 Likes

Nice try, monkey-filmer.

I could agree with you, but then we’d both be wrong.

6 Likes

We all had, and have been, supervisors like this.

“So It’s Come To This: A Boing Boing Clip Show”

I’m with you. This is much better.

7 Likes

The field of view of the human eye is circular. The nearest rectangle is a square. However, with film technology it is easier if the viewing rectangle is wider than it is high because the speed of the film through the gate is less; that’s why film adopted a fairly wide rectangle which has stuck. For years professional photographers used near-square formats (6 by 6, 4 by 5), and the London IMAX has a roughly 4 by 5 screen ratio. Victorian stereoscopes used to use square images to get the biggest image size with a convenient eye separation.
The only phone manufacturer currently brave enough to offer a square screen is BlackBerry, but on purely optical technical grounds it is a good shape.

5 Likes

I missed the monkey first time round.

It is amazing just how “human” it is. I can think of a few politicians it might be able to train.

1 Like