Music: "Destroyer," The Kinks (1981)

[Permalink]

3 Likes

Yes! One of my favorite Kinks albums–and that’s a hard category for me to narrow down. I love this one from beginning–“Around The Dial”–to the end–“Better Things”.

There’s also a brilliant cover/combo of this on Ray Davies’ 2010 album See My Friends–another regularly-played album in my collection. He performs it with Billy Corgan.

6 Likes

“Paranoia will destroy ya”, one of the refrains, slogans, used to use with friends in the late 80s… though believe it was from a metal band, probably Black Sabbath. (Googling it I see it is on some versions of Paranoid and not on others, and not in written lyrics usually.)

Was a fan of the kinks, as well, though. I see this song was reworked Lola, which is my favorite Kinks song.

i played this album a TON. probably my first real introduction to the kinks outside of the obvious hits.

2 Likes

holy crap, what a great song. probably my favorite from the kinks.
also, I can’t believe this is from 34 years ago - yikes, I feel old now…

1 Like

And it goes like this!

2 Likes

Such a weird feeling to know every word to a song I haven’t heard in decades. (It’s going to be little green man this time!) Excellent choice.
Too bad it’s almost the same music as “All Day and All Night.”

2 Likes

One of my favorite albums of the early 80s. I know I stretched out a couple cassettes of it. Especially loved the title tune.

Same lyrics too!

Won’t you tell me your name?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.