Music: "Devil's Dance Floor," Flogging Molly (2000)

[Permalink]

1 Like

Flogging Molly puts on some of the best live shows I’ve ever been to.

3 Likes

This song immediately made me want to down a pint of ale and punch an Englishman in the head o.O’…

1 Like

I’ll never forget St Patrick’s Day 2002. I was in San Diego for the weekend visiting old hometown friends, and that Sunday evening I headed back up to L.A. for another week of work. I tuned in Rock 105.3, the local hard rock station, and they used to have a Sunday evening show that departed from their usual Iron Maiden / AC/DC / Motley Crue fare, and the DJ said, “This album doesn’t actually come out for another two days, but since it’s Saint Paddy’s Day I think it’s appropriate, and it’ll blow your socks off.” And he proceeded to play Drunken Lullabies in its entirety.

I’d never heard its like before. And to this day I can’t remember ever hearing another album, from a band I’d never heard of, that I loved so thoroughly from the very first listen. I used to drive to San Diego every weekend between 1994 and 2004, but that’s the only drive home that I’ve never forgotten.

And yeah, their live shows are genuinely electrifying.

2 Likes

This is where I learn that Flogging Molly and Dropkick Murphys are two different bands.

Two of my favorites, however. Boston vs. LA.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.