My head just exploded

Careful where you point that thing. The first minute or so gave me intense flashbacks to my raver days.

I wasn’t quite expecting the schizophrenic mix of 4 genres cut together so abruptly XD

Pretty fun. I like it.

4 Likes

Happy-Hardcore (there’s a genre I never thought would donate anything of value to the musical spectrum), K-Pop, MIA-esque hip-hop and Death Metal all chopped in together. Who would have thought it possible, let alone listenable?

Oh, wait! I usually have two playlists on my iThing when I’m exercising: one that’s all metal, and one that’s all j-pop and k-pop. I guess I’m only going to need one list now :slight_smile: /me toddles off to iTunes

1 Like

Big in Japan?

3 Likes

If the Virgin Mary weren’t available, one of these would also do.

Actually I quite liked it. I thought that some of the metaphysical imagery was really particularly effective.

Interesting rhythmic devices too, which seemed to counterpoint the surrealism of the underlying metaphor of the humanity of the singer’s compassionate soul, which contrives through the medium of the verse structure to sublimate this, transcend that, and come to terms with the fundamental dichotomies of the other, and one is left with a profound and vivid insight into whatever it was the song was about.

I prefer The Suzan, though.

4 Likes

I prefer cute Japanese girls (‘Tomo-zo’) in electric pirate hats that play catchy guitar instrumental songs.

4 Likes

For some reson reminds me of the Japanese pro-wrestler President Ramu, a demon-possessed little girl who could choke-slam grown men.

3 Likes

I don’t get it – where’s the banana?

2 Likes

I’m afraid you’ve given me no choice.

8 Likes

Made it to approx :35 before frantically jumping forward to about 1:15. Stayed there just long enough to get the hell over to approx 2:00 (for about ten seconds), whereupon I decided I just don’t get it…

1 Like

Looks like Canon to me. (GuanYin)

1 Like

It’s probably not that loud…

Those girls will grow up and be like this…

1 Like
6 Likes

BABYMETAL tends to go between almost straight JPop and pure metal.

I rather liked their songs Megitsune (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cK3NMZAUKGw) and Headbanger (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IzR_ClTE8Y)

Watched video. Just looked at it, waited but banana was not evident. Very disappointed, would not recommend. (★☆☆☆☆)

3 Likes

That’s his momma, the BVM

Beats the living hell out of Kidz-bop

1 Like