Nano Bible no bigger than the tip of a pen

[Read the post]

I believe mustard seed is the preferred size comparator.

10 Likes

Is this technically angels dancing on the head of a pin?

4 Likes

?למה

…

3 Likes

Because it could be done! heheh

But really, people do this kind of thing regularly, to draw attention to some new lithography technique or whatever. Haven’t you seen some of the cute stuff they do with scanning tunneling microscopes?

http://researcher.watson.ibm.com/researcher/view_group.php?id=4245

2 Likes

What is this?? A bible for ants?!

7 Likes

29 Likes

Does anyone know if this is a tech demo of either a notably small fab process or something much more efficient than the usual scanning tunneling electron microscopy tricks? Or is it purely for evangelizing the nanites?

2 Likes

Reportedly it is just lousy bog-standard focused ion beam.
I wonder if there’s something above-mainstream in the method.

iBle nano?

3 Likes

Hold it close; you can feel the little tiny judgements.

3 Likes

That’s not a bible. It’s a tenach.

They have the Intel experimental and production fabs as well as others so there is a pretty strong nonolithography base. Every few years some spinoff folks or one of the universities do this as a PR stunt. Really just a tech demo with a document over half the world has actually read from.

1 Like

I could do this with a micro SD card.

1 Like

Nano Testament

Sure, it’s easy enough when you leave out all the vowels.

Are you making a joke that I don’t get? Or drawing a distinction that doesn’t really exist? The Tanakh is the Jewish Bible.

Its a start, now if only they could make it 100% smaller.

1. Wasn’t this posted on BB a while back?
  2. Neither linked article tells what the thing really is. Is it the 5 books of Moses (AKA “the Torah” or “Chumash”) is it TaNaCh or the Christian Edit which includes texts which Jews consider non canonical? (goyim call this the “Old Testament”)
2 Likes

Only those that were invited.