Netflix Roulette picks a movie at random

[Permalink]

1 Like

ā€œYou can be surprised by any one of 10 different movies available in the Netflix streaming library!ā€

4 Likes

Guess I set the bar too high; ask for anything above a 4.5 rating and you get either Avengers or ā€˜PokĆ©mon the Movie: White: Victini and Zekromā€™.

1 Like

I wish it had a button to add a movie to your queue.

I get frustrated with Netflix selection but itā€™s nothing compared to the hair-pulling Blockbluster rages I used to haveā€¦

2 Likes

Stiff Upper Lips

Actually, that looks not bad. I canā€™t tell if itā€™s available on Netflix Canada though.

Iā€™ve actually been watching a Netflix movie every night for the last four or six months, and Iā€™m losing groundā€”theyā€™re adding them faster than I can watch them. These are all movies Iā€™m legitimately interested in seeing, though not all of them are ā€œgood moviesā€; often Iā€™ll be working while the movie is playing. In recent weeks Iā€™ve watched Chinatown, Anatomy of a Murder, Gentlemen Prefer Blondes, the Fistful of Dollars trilogy, Rocky I-V, Dirty Pretty Things, Blood Beast Terror, Grabbers, Monsters, and the Big Dollhouse.

If what you want are blockbusters from the last few years, Netflix is not for you. If you want to browse a random slice of the last eighty years of decent movies, itā€™s actually pretty good. (If you want to watch a lot of cheap horror movies, itā€™s exceptional.)

My Netflix spinner got me to ā€œWhere Is Parsifal?ā€ a 1984 comedy starring Tony Curtis, Orson Welles, and Erik Estrada. SOLD!

3 Likes

I like the error message:

ERROR: Donā€™t poke around in caves, snakes will eat you.

It isnā€™t often that you get good advice from an error message. They usually just tell you what the problem is (no javascript enabled).

3 Likes

That should be easy to fix. Watch them and rate them appropriately. I get Avengers and 2 different pokemon choices. And thereā€™s only one sci-fi/fantasy title in the 4-5 rating - Serenity.

Wonā€™t work. This looks to be using Netflixā€™s general ratings, not your personal ratings.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.