New X-Files episodes

[Permalink]

2 Likes

Scully: Mulder…toads just fell from the sky!
Mulder: I guess their parachutes didn’t open.

“The X-Files: Die Hand Die Verletzt”

7 Likes

When press releases “quote” two people at the same time, I like to imagine two people standing at a podium in a room full of reporters, giving a perfectly synchronized speech.

Then I remember that the quotes in press releases are almost entirely made up by the PR people who write them.

4 Likes

I swear by all that is good and holy that if you start a brand new never-to-be-resolved-and-ever-more-convoluted conspiracy story arc I will stab you in the eye socket with a lobster fork.

If it’s six new “monster of the week” episodes, on the other hand, let’s do it.

12 Likes

They are probably trying to fight off a demon GOP that is killing FBI agent pensions.

6 Likes

I really hope this is in the vein of Sherlock or whatever- the 90 minute mini series episodes. Forget most of the rest of the mythology of the series at this point. Get back to basics. Reboot. Rethink.

4 Likes

Please tell me this is real. It’s not April yet.

3 Likes

It is on a FOX website, home of REAL.

4 Likes

I want Scully to encounter Duchovny’s character from Twin Peaks.

6 Likes

Apparently it’s either a slow news day, or literally, this is the most important thing in the world going on.

It is on every news site and blog today.

(Well, every US and UK site it seems. The rest of the world is unimpressed.)

1 Like

As long as every episode is written by Darin Morgan, and none of it involves the convoluted alien mythology storyline, and Chris Carter isn’t resurrecting the show purely because everything he’s tried since has barely gotten off the ground, I’ll be happy. It’s a pity most of the folks who made the show great have gone on to bigger and better things*.

I’ll watch it either way, though.

–
( * ) Well, it’s not a pity for them, but it’s a pity that they probably won’t be on board for this.

1 Like

stella!!!

Is it going to be animated or something? That logo looks… weird somehow. Looking forward to it either way!

Mexico is impressed.

3 Likes

Here in Australia, we’re impressed too.

Duchovny and Anderson are both aging extraordinarily well. Which is good, because I don’t think I could handle an X-Files that looked like this:

2 Likes

I am imagining that during this time off they raised thier alien love child to puberty?
Yes, I believe the truth is out there.
Yes, I will tune in.

1 Like

This is the only way I’d ever bother to watch it. The majority of the conspiracy episodes bored the crap out of me.

Though I do hope the writing is better. I’d rather not see Mulder guess /exactly/ what the monster is in the first few minutes based on almost no information. Or, you know, forget entirely that he’s already faced that sort of monster, and have it work out well that he has because they now work entirely differently than they did before. coughvampirescough

3 Likes

I used to write those quotes for politicians; my small contribution to literacy.

Hopefully this coincides with the release of the original series on Blu-ray. The HD masters have been made and broadcast, so it’s about time it gets put on disc.

in my mind the characters of Fox Mulder and Hank Moody have completely merged… an alcoholic gun toting paranoid ex-FBI washed up writer… maybe they could do some crossover episodes