Nimbus, concept hybrid looks like a VW microbus

Electric cars are sufficiently range limited that they have to use (ugly) aerodynamics to squeeze the most out of their batteries. That this concept has horrible aerodynamics makes it even more unrealistic.

another influence maybe is the chariot/van from Lost in Space

Wow that was obscure. You going all Dennis miller?

Reminds me of Bruce Sterling - Islands in the net. I like the idea of an adventure vehicle that you have to leave out in the sun for 8 hours so you can start moving again.

Now whereā€™s my electric, solar powered, offroad rail buggy. With the roof mounted mini-gun.

Electrofy my Vanagon Westy,

Sorry! Spent five years at the Academy of Natural Sciences and married an entomologist who works at a stream research lab. We talk like that at home.

Elytra are the wing covers of beetles, singular form elytron. They evolved from front wings, and serve as armor for the back wing beneath. Only the back wing beats in flight; the elytra become rigid airfoils. Some insects (flies for example) have almost completely lost their front wings, so that there are only vestigial stubs.

Those fenders arenā€™t capable of performing the function of fendersā€¦ theyā€™ve evolved into decorative accents.

http://www.evalbum.com/3110

Note the range. I saw one once with decent rangeā€¦ the weight of the batteries exceeded the original curb weight of the van, requiring complete replacement of the pan with a homemade steel frame. Not for the faint of heart (or wallet) .

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.