No sex toys, please, we're Delhian

[Permalink]

Has always struck me as odd that the people who brought us the kama sutra have turned so puritanical. But I guess maybe the plethora of positions is how they got to a billion people.

3 Likes

Do ā€¦ do those two in the bottom left say ā€œAngry Penisā€??

There are some people who will probably take pride in knowing that Alabama led the way.

The one beside those says ā€œwormā€ā€¦is this some bad translation going on here?

Could be demographic shifts, with ā€˜the people who brought us the kama sutraā€™ representing a decreased ā€˜bloc worth pandering toā€™. Might also be the double-whammy of a little British colonizing: While The Empire on Which the Sun Never Sets had a certain amount of operational homoerotic sadomasochism going on, they took their prudery fairly seriously. Now that they are gone, anybody looking to play the nativist card has a good reason to latch on to ā€˜westernā€™ sexual explicitness.

1 Like

Yeah, this is a much more pressing concern than putting a stop to the rape culture.

3 Likes

Sounds like a job for Texas Annie.

All cultures go through shifts in how sexually conservative they are. It will swing back at some point.

1 Like

I wonder what that cop is thinking? This photo needs a thought bubble. Bonus points if you can work the US government shutdown in.

Meanwhile, sales of electric toothbrushes are booming.

4 Likes

They certainly do. The Happy Penis is all sold out.

Sexually repressive mores are never about concern for women or anyone else. Theyā€™re about controlling peopleā€™s bodies and through their bodies their identities and reproduction. Rape culture feeds on the repression of reproductive rights because both are assaults on body sovereignty. Obscenity laws and rape culture go hand in hand.

4 Likes

What kind of Delhi would forbid people from buying a salami?

1 Like

Arenā€™t they still illegal in Texas? They were a few years ago, anyway.

For the love of god, its ā€˜Delhiiteā€™ not ā€˜Delhianā€™.
At least get your demonyms rights.

whatā€™s wrong with the toys?

Great. So when does the US get to stop being so damned repressed?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.