NY state leaders agree on medical marijuana pilot program

It’s my experience, Cow. That’s what I said. I know when I was using a vaporizer as an experiment I would still feel the Jones after puffing. It did not feel like the whole high. The initial buzz is quite enchanting, but it seems to fade fast and not provide the attitude adjustment that I use it for.

Speculating . . . the heat of burning turns more of the THC antecedents into THC than does the heat of vaporizing.

(it might also be that I am addicted to smoking zigzag papers.)

2 Likes

The FDA has a list of routes of administration and it is my (layman’s) understanding that a given drug’s approval application includes the applicant’s proposed route(s) of administration. Of course, once approved, a doctor with prescribing powers can do a lot of ‘off label’ things, limited primarily by his malpractice insurance, the patient’s insurer’s treatment of paying for ‘experimental’ stuff, and the risk of getting DEA attention (if the drug is scheduled, rather than merely by prescription).

So, yes and no; it’s not as though this is a 100% novel concept entirely dreamed up Because Reefer Madness; but anyone who thinks that this isn’t substantially about ‘making sure that it’s for real patients, not damn kids just rolling a joint whenever they want!’ might be interested in some exciting bridge-related investments I have available.

(It might also intersect with anti-smoking interests, which are doing atypically well in New York, compared to much of the country. Potheads seems to do better than tobacco users when it comes to getting lung cancer and emphysema; but I doubt that anyone who is against huffing down incomplete plant combustion products for drugs wants to see the practice expanded to new drug areas, even if they consider marijuana to be less threatening than tobacco, either as a substance, because of its markedly less powerful friends, or both.)

Just remember, kids, Do Not use your hacking soldering iron for weed or vice versa. Even your euro-greenie-commie solder, the kind without the Lead that built the Roman empire and all the solder joints you really care about, probably isn’t good for you, and getting optimal solder flow and avoiding oxidation is touchy enough without resin in your flux.

2 Likes

This doesn’t seem at all scientifically accurate.

From what I understand, he’s still a working engineer at least part of the time. And he’s the computer genius behind Apple, not Jobs. I think that alone qualifies him for the lifetime title of hacker extraordinaire.

1 Like

I’m totally with you @timquinn.

Yeah, Obama “evolved” just when he needed to get the homosexual campaign contributions flowing.

NY state leaders agree on medical marijuana pilot program

Hmm. . .

I usually consider myself pretty progressive but shouldn’t they start with people who aren’t flying planes?

Thank you. I did say it is my experience unsupported by any other information. You will forgive me if I doubt anything presented as scientific evidence of the effects of marijuana smoking since I have been lied to my whole life about this stuff. In fact I learned to doubt authority in elementary school from attending anti-drug presentations.

2 Likes

Speculating . . . the heat of burning turns more of the THC antecedents into THC than does the heat of vaporizing.

The stuff I had here in Colorado was so incredibly potent I guess it had THC to spare. I have heard some say a vape is a different high, but I didn’t notice.

This site mentions the same thing, but it hasn’t been my experience, so I think like usual it depends on the strain and an individual’s tolerance and physiology.

http://forum.grasscity.com/recreational-marijuana-use/93275-bong-vs-vaporizer-vs-bowl-vs-joint-pros-cons.html

Studies have shown that the THC concentration in the vapor is not as much as previously predicted (90% or whatever), but other cannabinoids from the marijuana plant get vaporized. This results in a different high

It’s definitely something interesting I’m going to further research… online and in the lab.

2 Likes

The high is DEFINITELY different. I find vaporizing to be a lighter, more airy high. Dabbing, if you know what that is, can PROPER FUCK ME UP, and it’s hard to fuck me, a long-time smoker, up, but it doesn’t seem to last as long. That said, this is all based on personal and very biased not-sober experience, often mixed with other things such as social activity (I tend to dab more in social settings, for instance). Additionally, it depends on the STRAND of weed, as well, even when it comes to what is used for concentrates.

It’s a very personal thing, too, so what you experience from one strand may not be what I experience from the same.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.