Of (really cute) mice and men

Scientists are trying to understand “cuteness agression” — aka, the urge we have all felt, at one point in time or another, to take something adorable and squeeze it until it pops. READ THE REST

I’d ascribed this to some innate mixture of fear of small creatures and a wrong-headed human instinct to treat small things in whatever manner we choose, some kind of power complex. When they misbehave, some people have inadequate executive control to prevent the urge from surfacing into action.

Note: I’ve never been mean to anything small. Can’t stand it.

My take from this article: you know those Hello Kitty handguns you see on the Internet? Yeah, they are an even worse idea than we thought!

I’m not gonna touch that one.

something we’ve all felt, huh? sorry, I’m coming up blank on this one. this is a thing?

edit: ah, I was being literal-minded about “til it pops.” i thought I’d dodged some kind of psycho kink that everyone else was afflicted with. i guess this is a figurative expression in your region?

I will name him George, and I will hug him and pet him and squeeze him, and pat him and pet him and, and rub him and caress him and rub him and pet him and squeeze him and rub him I will stroke his bill and rub his pretty feathers…
I will name him George, and I will hug him and pet him and squeeze him, and pat him
and pet him and, and rub him and caress him and rub him and pet him and squeeze him and rub him I will stroke his bill and rub his pretty feathers…

3 Likes

My reaction to cute things is the urge to kill everything within a half mile radius to protect the cute.

1 Like

That would make such an awesome patrol force, like the Angels of Mercy back in the 80s.

“Stand back - we’re here to ***protect the cute!***”

In a similar vein, there’s Roman Dirge’s Lenore:

enter link description here

I totally felt this :slight_smile:

Yes. It’s a figure of speech. Like when you tell the baby, “You are sooo cute that I am going eat your face.” (Only sometimes, in that scenario, you maybe gum on its fingers or something, to show that you’re kind of serious.)

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.