Panoramic image of Curiosity Rover under Mars's night sky

[Permalink]

So are the constellations the same on mars?

Essentially the same. Differences would not be noticeable until well outside the solar system.

1 Like

I am straining to find the pale blue dot. :wink:

1 Like

Cant find Phobos and Deimos, any clue where are them?

It is cool how pictures, of Curiosity Rover on Mars, always seem too be in “Third Person” perspective.

1 Like

Just above and to the left of Curiosity’s rectangular “head”, there is a nearly featureless rock. I suspect this is Phobos.

1 Like

i think nasa should release an actual version of this, maybe using something like this: http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/build-your-own-google-street-view-using-an-android-phone-or-dslr-camera/

street view on mars MUST happen…someone get on this!

1 Like

Phenomenal.

1 Like

Evidence of Mini Martian Shai-Hulud?

1 Like

Or evidence of a grand race of Hungry Hungry Hippos.

2 Likes

Minor gripe: If I understand correctly, this image is a stitched comp of the following two images,

Digital Art Compilation Curiosity Rover's Self Portrait at "John Klein" Drilling Site NASA's Mars Exploration Program (Image credit: NASA/JPL-Caltech/MSSS) VISTA telescope: 9 billion pixel photo of a Milky Way European Southern Observatory (Image credit: ESO/VVV Consortium, Ignacio Toledo, Martin Kornmesser)

So, yeah great, but is Curiosity’s camera not able to do night shots? Kinda bummed it’s not the real Martian night sky.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.