Parents of Buddhist student sue "Bible Belt" Louisiana school over forced prayer, religious discrimination

[Permalink]

Even ignoring the religious bullshit, all caps plus that many exclamation marks makes me want to smack the teacher. Flying Spaghetti Monster would also fit in that blank.

26 Likes

One of many equally correct answers to that question would be “isn’t it amazing what the school cafeteria has made!!!”

19 Likes

“ISN’T IT AMAZING WHAT THE nerd HAS MADE!!!”

I was gonna say it was like Mad-Libs, but it’s more like Mad-Cons.

7 Likes

Fucking Taliban.

32 Likes

‘Isn’t it amazing what the idiot who wrote this test has made!!!’

11 Likes

Aren’t exclamation like periods, in that only one or three is proper?

3 Likes

not if you include some 1’s in there!!!1!!!1!

6 Likes

ZOMG JEEBUS RULEZ!!111!!!

Body is invalid; try to be a little more descriptive

4 Likes

I signed it. Deal with THAT internet petition!!!

3 Likes

No surprise that “Negreet Indians” is an anagram for “Innate Designer”. But also “Ingrained Teens”.

12 Likes

“The school superintendent told them that they had no business being upset by this, because the school is in the Bible Belt…”

And we all know that, legally, a random cultural label for a geographic region is equivalent to a Constitutional exception for the separation of church and state. At least that’s what was drilled into my head when I attended the Louisiana State College of God’s 'Murican Law.

30 Likes

I’m sad that the best I can give is a like.

I was going to say the same thing.

This school superintendent is more like a super-idiot. If he doesn’t superintend to go back to school and read a few books on what is extremely illegal, he should be super-jobless because nobody that stupid can be trusted to know what’s best (or even good) for children.

11 Likes

The Bible Belt holds up the underwear of America.

9 Likes

I might be mistaken, but isn’t that the winged sandal of Hermes in their logo? Hermes, the most christian of all the greek gods, I guess. Or are european gods more acceptable than those weird asian ones?

13 Likes

That’s always fun!!!1!!11!!!eleventyone!!!

3 Likes

There is also a Celtic Talking Salmon in there too, plus some Shamanistic Pines and some slightly homoerotic Guy on Guy Hand Action (or maybe that’s just me).

4 Likes

Weirdly, that’s what the Demon voice that utters from my mouth says if I eat communion wafers.

7 Likes

Unfortunately for the poor kid and his family, this one is going to be a no-win.

Legally I’m not sure how they could lose, at least once the case gets appealed above the Judge Cletus and his cousin Sheriff Joe-Bob level of jurisdiction; but if this is how the local school department operates, I don’t even want to think about how…neighborly… the locals will be to the heathen asians who helped the American Communist Lawyers Union take God out of our schools… That’s going to be brutal.

9 Likes

Oooh, fun!

Negreet Indians is also an anagram for “Ensnared, IGNITE!” Which sounds like a badass punk band that should write a song about this.

1 Like