Phoenix Jones conducts fitness-based Seattle superhero purge

[Permalink]

15 Likes

Damn you. I was looking for one like that.

2 Likes

Crap those are low standards. They should at least have some cardio in there. The standard should be something more like a basic military PT standard 2mile run in under 20 minutes at least 50 pushups and as many situps in 2 minutes. I mean superheroes should be better than an average GI but my list puts you about middlinā€™ average for a soldier. The army uses a points system than is easily adapted so someone might suck at running but have awesome power in the upper-body.

If youā€™re going to be a super vigilante then you had best be at least as tough as some fatbody GI.

4 Likes

Sure superheros should be at least on par with the average soldier, but what about the average cosplayer? Because, Iā€™m thinking this is the average ā€œsuper heroā€:

6 Likes

Worst. Cosplay. Ever.

7 Likes

ā€˜Stringentā€™.

5 Likes

This is the most important thing I pulled out of that article: Rex Velvet!

4 Likes

The ā€œread the restā€ wound up sounding like something from The Onion. I had to Wiki this to figure out if it was for real or not.

Iā€™m still not sure.

2 Likes

So basically the requirement is to barely have more control over your body than a sack of potatoes? Seems reasonable.

2 Likes

B-zinga! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

So long Lackadaisical Lass, Kid Apathy and Lazy Bones, the Stupor Hound.

1 Like

Holy physical jerks Pullup Man, how can we stop these villians?

We have the powet Pushup Boy! Drop and give me five!

ā€¦and the city was safe once mote.

2 Likes

This is how supervillains are made. Purged heroes are probably building lairs and divvying up nemeses as we speak.

5 Likes

Iā€™m pretty sure that Captain Hammer heartily approves of the notion that super-heroism is largely a function of brute strengthā€¦

Less unanimity is observed among people familiar with problems that canā€™t be fixed by blunt trauma.

1 Like

Think of the minions!

1 Like

Iā€™m presuming " lair" is also known as ā€œbasement game roomā€ and ā€œnemesesā€ are some kind of snack.

1 Like

Rheteā€™s somering wrong wirh yout keyboard.

1 Like

Yeth theer is, I am the amazing androif keybrord msn, ready to strije feat into the hearts of sny text based villianary.

6 Likes

I think that the real headline should be ā€œPhoenix Jones still taking himself and his ā€˜movementā€™ way more seriously than the evidence would warrant.ā€